Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4930 - 11/10/20 10:45 AM C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
C8.R Corvette Racing returns to Sebring International Raceway this weekend for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring and the close of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season. It’s the second race at Sebring this year for the newly crowned GT Le Mans (GTLM) championship-winning program.

The 68th running of America’s oldest sports car race will bring the curtain down on the first year of the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette C8.R. It has been an unqualified success with six race wins and the GTLM Drivers and Team titles with one more event to go.
Saturday’s 12-hour endurance race also is set to serve as a coronation for Chevrolet, which will win the GTLM Manufacturers Championship as long as one of the two Corvette entries starts Saturday’s race. Already,
Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor have secured the category’s Drivers Championship in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R in the series’ most recent round at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca two weekends ago.

The runner-up finish in California for Garcia and Taylor, who drive this weekend with Nicky Catsburg, also netted the No. 3 Corvette squad the GTLM Team title. Since 2001, Corvette Racing has won 13 Team championships and 12 Drivers crowns.
Once the race begins and the Manufacturers title is settled, there are two goals for Corvette Racing: win for the 13th time at Sebring and secure second place in GTLM points for Tommy Milner and Oliver Gavin.
The duo, driving the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C8.R with Marcel Fässler, won earlier this year at Sebring in a two-hour, 40-minute sprint race.
The Sebring 12 Hours is steeped in Corvette Racing history. The event has witnessed the team take 11 class victories since 2002, and five of the six drivers have previously won there. Gavin leads with six GT-class victories, Garcia has three and Milner two.

Taylor was part of one overall winning effort in the 12 Hours while Fässler has a GTLM win to his credit in a factory Corvette.

Saturday is the second long-distance race in three events for Corvette Racing and the rest of the WeatherTech Championship. Garcia, Taylor and Catsburg finished as GTLM runners-up in the 10-hour Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta. In the No. 4 Corvette, the Gavin/Milner/Fässler trio will look to capture their second Sebring 12 Hours together; they won in class in 2016.

It also would send out Gavin on one of the highest possible notes. He will end his 18-year run as a full-time Corvette Racing driver at Sebring – a place where he has won six times with the program five in the 12 Hours of Sebring. He is the team’s all-time winner in career starts (202), IMSA championships (five) and wins (51), among other categories.

In addition to the Corvettes on the race track, Chevrolet will have a number of vehicles on display at its midway display from Thursday through Saturday. Chevrolet models at the static display will include the 2020 Corvette Stingray Z51, Camaro ZL1, Blazer Premier, Silverado 1500 Crew High Country, Trailerblazer RS and Tahoe Premier
The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring is set for 10:10 a.m. ET on Saturday. NBCSN will air the race live from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and 6-10:30 p.m. ET; live network coverage on NBC is 3-6 p.m. TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold will offer live streaming of the full race starting at 10:05 a.m. ET. In addition, IMSA Radio will broadcast the race on IMSA.com, which also will host live timing and scoring. The race also will air on XM channel 202 and SiriusXM Online 972.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“I don’t think our approach will change at Sebring having already won the championship. At Laguna Seca,
I wasn’t really thinking about it. We knew that we just needed to start these last two races. Once we started at Laguna, I wasn’t conserving anything and was going all-out to win the race. I think it will be the same at Sebring. Maybe it will take some of the pressure off the team.

But in a way, this brings Sebring a little bit back to normal where it’s the second race of the season and you don’t think about the championship. You take every risk needed. It’s a relief not to have to treat this as the last race of the championship, where you can tend to think too much. But now winning the championship opens things up for us. It becomes a single race that we want to win.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“When at first the revised schedule came out, I think we were all pretty nervous knowing Sebring could be the deciding race in the championship. It’s an incredibly difficult race. Having that wrapped up now makes this almost like the Rolex 24 at the beginning of the year where your only focus isn’t on winning the championship. It’s nice to have that mentality going in.
We can go in there focusing on getting the win. We had a good race there in July, so we have some race experience with the C8.R. We can look back to that to rely on some data for building blocks going into this race.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“The Sebring 12 Hours is a bit later in the year that we had planned! But it’s a race that is always very special. This is a unique circuit which makes this event difficult to win. I feel we have a very good chance to fight for the win. I can’t wait to get back in the Corvette again.

Petit Le Mans was a good race for us, and I really enjoyed it. Now I am a little more into the car than when I arrived at Petit Le Mans; it hasn’t been that long ago. I hope we can finish off this championship season on a high and win this race.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Racing in November at Sebring is going to be a little different. We’ll have some more darkness and it will probably be a little stormy. I still think it will be just as hot at it is in Sebring in March. We did race there in July and have already done that ‘warm-up’ to get us ready for the 12 Hours. Tommy and I came away victorious that day, so we’re looking to repeat that and for me to finish my full-time career at Corvette Racing with one more victory. It would also give me 50 wins in IMSA, which would be a nice little statistic to finish on.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Running the 12 Hours of Sebring in November means we definitely will have a lot more darkness than we are used to, which is a challenge in itself. Sebring at night is tricky. The track has helped by putting lights at some of the apex corners but that doesn’t help you navigate some of the other parts of the track. Luckily, headlights were a priority of the C8.R and the team has done a good job of building in that lighting for night-time conditions.

Hopefully that will minimize that challenge. The track temperatures also likely will be cooler so that could change some of the tire compound allocation options. We don’t usually make huge setup changes for certain times of day, but I think we obviously will pay more attention to what performance will be like in those conditions as opposed to the daytime hours.
We have a good base to work from after our first and second at Sebring in July.

We know the car is fast there, plus we have continued to learn throughout the year.
We’re looking forward to putting that information on the racetrack and seeing if we have improved the car. I would guess that we have.
Ending the season with another win and 1-2 finish would be awesome.”

MARCEL FÄSSLER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“I think the biggest change for Sebring is that we will run more at night. For sure, that’s an important thing for the tire choice. Usually Sebring is very crowded, and hopefully we get a lot of people that can come to the race. It would be great for the ambiance.

But in the end, this is still a very tough and difficult race physically on us as drivers and on the equipment.
Fortunately I was able to get some good time in the C8.R at Road Atlanta for Petit Le Mans, so both Nicky and I should be up to speed. It would be great to end the season with another Corvette Racing win.”

T.V Schedule for Raceday :

Attached Files sebring.jpg

Team ZR-1
True Custom Performance Tuning
Teamzr1.com
Team ZR-1 Store
Enter Here
#4931 - 11/11/20 08:22 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America

Sebring 12 Hour Race Info
Today, 08:38 PM
Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts

November 11-14, 2020
Sebring, FL
Track: Sebring International Raceway
Race Duration: 12 hours
Circuit Length: 3.74 miles

Television & Online Broadcast:

Entry by Class:
Datona Prototype International ()
Le Mans Prototype 2 ()
GT Le Mans (6)
GT Daytona ()

Qualifying -Watch live IMSA TV
https://imsatv.imsa.com/

November 13, 2020 WeatherTech Championship:

(GTLM)
10:40-10:55 AM EDT

(GTD)
10:15 AM to 10:30 AM EDT
(DPI/LMP2)
11:05 AM to 11:20 AM EDT

Television/Online Broadcast:

Saturday, November 14, 2020
TV Coverage Eastern Time

10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET NBCSN
3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET NBC
6:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. ET NBCSN

Online Trackpass: 10:10 am to 10:10 pm

International Viewers can watch on IMSA.com: http://imsatv.imsa.com/ 10:05 a.m. to 10:10 p.m.

Onboard car cameras:
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

LIVE TIMING:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

RADIO:
1) Streaming on IMSA TV on IMSA.com & RadioLeMans.com http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php
2) Scanner frequency 454.000
4) XM 202 (?)
5) SiriusXM Online 972
6) local 99.1 FM, 730 AM, 1050 AM

PIT NOTES:
http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @Sebringraceway, @FIAWEC

Entry List:
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...Entry-List.pdf

TICKET INFO: (Corvette corral sold out)
https://tickets.sebringraceway.com/s...03/events/1821

Sebring Event Guide
https://sebringraceway.com/sebring-e...ce-information

Event Schedule:
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...12H-110420.pdf

Spotters Guide:
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo..._ONLINE_V1.pdf

Track Map:
http://www.sebringraceway.com/fan-info/track-map

WEATHER:
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USFL0451:1

http://www.racecastweather.com/

Hotels:
https://visitsebring.com/accommodations/

Corvette Corral:
Friday 11/13/20 Corvette Parade lap 11:25-11:45

There will be an open-air tent with daily beverage service, a catered lunch and non-stop large screen viewing of the races will be
available exclusively to ticketed guests.

Only tickets already purchased to the Corvette corral will be honored. No additional corral parking passes will be sold. Corral will
be closed to the public. Only guests with Corral tickets will be permitted to access tents or grandstands.

Vendor Village and Fan Zone

The Vendor Village located on the Midway will house all food, beverage and retail sales. Many of your favorite auto manufacturers will be on display in the Fan Zone, however, most will be conducting business differently in this hands-off environment.
Expect static displays of vehicles and other offerings, but not the ability to sit in vehicles or take test drives with manufacturer representatives. All vendors and their representatives will wear face masks and it is expected that all guest will also when interacting in the Fan Zone or Vendor Village.

Among the Major Displays on site will be:

Chevrolet
Hyundai
Acura
Michelin
Mobil 1
Lexus

Follow the Race on your Radio or TV

There are multiple ways to follow all the action live. Tune your radio to WWOJ 99.1 FM, or the Raceway’s FM signal 100.7.
The entire race will be broadcast live, starting and finishing on NBCSN with NBC network providing coverage in the middle of the race from 3-6 p.m.

Early Arriving Fans

Due to health advisory restrictions, pre-event RV staging will be permitted no earlier than Tuesday, Nov. 10 at noon. The staging area is located off of Carroll Shelby Road. Follow signs to pre-staging and you will be parked in the order you arrive. Gates will open at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 11 and vehicles will be admitted in order from the pre-staging lot. All guests arriving Wednesday morning while the load-in process is underway will be directed to the rear of the line and will enter in the order they arrived.

Tickets and Pass Outs
Tickets will be sold at the gate until pr-determined limits are reached. Guests with tickets and pass out wristbands will be permitted to enter at any time; however, tickets only will be sold from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
Tickets will be sold around the clock beginning Friday, or until capacity is reached.
A Few Surprises For Guests Arriving Wednesday

Guests arriving Wednesday, Nov. 11 will be handed a guest guide with four coupons inside. These coupons can be redeemed for a free poster, a free Yuengling beer, a free Little Caesars pizza and Pepsi and a free six-pack of Pepsi. Also on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. all fans on property will have an opportunity to walk the entire 3.74-mile track and get an up-close look at the bumps that make the Sebring circuit famous. This fan walk will be led by former drivers and media personalities Justin Bell and Tommy Kendall.

Get Out and Walk

Unlike the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring in July, all guests will be free to roam between Green Park and the Midway, provided they are wearing face coverings. While trams will not be operated, guests can freely access viewing mounds, the Midway, Vendor Village and the Fan Zone. The competitor paddock will be open only to competitors and IMSA officials.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4932 - 11/12/20 05:48 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
C8.Rs have been behind in all three Sebring Practices for Saturdays race frown

Third Practice Results :

Attached Files sebringp3.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4935 - 11/13/20 07:30 AM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Track action for Corvette Racing at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring begins today, as does the final event weekend for Oliver Gavin as a full-time driver in the program.
The Corvette Racing veteran will step away from full-time competition after a 19-year run that has seen him set nearly every record of success in team history.

Gavin and his full-season Corvette Racing teammates Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and Tommy Milner give their thoughts on a record-setting career that started, of all places, at Sebring International Raceway in a preseason test ahead of the 2002 season…

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R

“It’s almost like things are coming full circle. The first place I ever drove a Corvette was at Sebring in November of 2001.
That test day is one I’ll always remember. Driving the C5-R out of the pit lane the noise, the vibration, the rumble and just the physicality of driving that car was extraordinary.
The torque from the motor and the delivery was like being in a force of nature in the way that it ripped around the track. Now all of these years on and being in this mid-engine C8.R with all the downforce, the refinement and all-around feel of a well-refined racecar it’s a joy to drive it around Sebring.

We’ve worked for so many years with partners like Michelin and Mobil 1 that all refined their product and equipment to such a high level now.
You know you’re going to get a great product straight out the gate and on the first lap. It’s been an amazing journey.
Things will be emotional, for sure. Being with the same team for 19 years, you’d have to have a heart of stone to not feel somewhat emotional about it.

But I want to go about and do my job right and well, and finish up with a strong result to get second place in the championship tied up for Tommy and I.
Plus it would help to finish off my driving relationship with Tommy on a high note. It would be amazing to stand on that top step one more time.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R GAVIN’S TEAMMATE SINCE 2012:

“Olly has been the single biggest influence on my time at Corvette Racing. We’ve had nine years as teammates and nine years of really good racing the best races of my career and the best memories. He’s been an integral part of what you see on the results sheets of the successes I’ve had.

His contributions to the team are long and storied. I got my first ALMS win in 2012 in our first season together.
I’ll never forget standing there at Long Beach in pit lane, watching the screens and not believing what I was seeing.
I had been racing in the series since 2006, and to finally get that first win was completely on him.

I brought the car back to the pits in one piece and he did the rest. Having him as a teammate with how fast he is and how experienced he is to be able to lean on someone like that in a growing year for me was huge. When you look at results and stat sheets, his contributions to Corvette Racing are obvious.

On top of that, everything behind the scenes as a teammate is as good if not better than what you see on the track. And he’s maintained that same style and passion to find every tenth of a second that he can and motivating all the guys on the team to get as much out of themselves as they can. There is no doubting his will to win and passion for success.”

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Oliver has been a big influence on me in my career. When I was driving for another manufacturer, Olly and Jan (Magnussen) were the only Europeans at Corvette Racing.
Those were the two I really paid attention to. When we started competing against Corvette, I knew Olly was one of their strongest guys. As soon as I saw the opportunity to join Corvette, he was one of my references.
I learned from him but also had to fight with him, which at the beginning was a struggle. I was very inexperienced compared to where I am now, and he was amazingly fast.
It took a long time for me to match his pace, but slowly and slowly I took the lessons I learned from him; I think in past years we’ve started to learn from each other. Being able to compete together for so long as teammates gives you that opportunity. I feel like we both brought the entire team up.

“One of the things that Olly has similar to me is that he is super competitive. That’s why he has been and continues to be so solid now. He’s very professional in the way he prepares for each race. One of the important things I’ve gotten from Olly is the amount of preparation he puts into each season and every event.
That’s been a huge reference for me to see someone who can go that fast but is still a little older than me. It’s a great target. If I can get as far he has with the team, I will be more than pleased.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Oliver has been a staple of Corvette Racing. As a fan growing up and watching the team, he was there and always was the one to root for the top dog and winning a lot of races. So I was a fan to begin with and then moved into competing against him in GRAND-AM when we were both racing Camaros.
I remember my first race against him at VIR.
I was terrified that I was in similar equipment and on the track at the same time, just knowing that I have this legend I’m racing against and how could I ever compete against him.

Since then, he’s been a good friend and teammate even when we weren’t in the same car. He always treated me so well and offered a helping hand when I needed it or gave advice if I had questions when I went into the third-driver role at Corvette Racing. That was huge for me as a young guy – to come into such an intimidating team and organization to have someone at that level to be mentor. He’s been a huge help.
They say to never meet your heroes, but to meet him and work with him is everything I could hope for.
It’s been great to spend more time with him, getting to know him better as a person, a dad, a friend and an athlete has been a lot of fun. We’ll all miss him inside the team, but I’m sure we’ll stay connected and work with each other down the road.”

The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring is set for 10:10 a.m. ET on Saturday. NBCSN will air the race live from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and 6-10:30 p.m. ET; live network coverage on NBC is 3-6 p.m. TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold will offer live streaming of the full race starting at 10:05 a.m. ET. In addition, IMSA Radio will broadcast the race on IMSA.com, which also will host live timing and scoring. The race also will air on XM channel 202 and SiriusXM Online 972.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4936 - 11/13/20 08:59 AM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Champion elect Antonio Garcia claimed top qualifying honors in GT Le Mans, giving the No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R its 5th consecutive class pole.

Garcia recorded a fast lap of 1:55.456 to edge out the No. 25 Team RLL BMW M8 GTE of Connor De Phillippi by 0.660 seconds.

Teammate Jesse Krohn was third in the No. 24 BMW, ahead of the No. 4 Corvette, qualified by Tommy Milner.

The pair of Porsche 911 RSR-19s, in their final factory race in class, brought up the rear of the field after topping the early sessions of the weekend.

Nick Tandy was fifth quickest ahead of the No. 912 entry of Neel Jani, who is making his GT racing debut this weekend.

Here is how the GTLMs qualified for the 10 AM ET start of 12 hours of Sebring Saturday

Attached Files sebringq.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4937 - 11/13/20 01:32 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
CORVETTE RACING AT SEBRING: Pole, Track Record for Garcia

Corvette C8.Rs on first, second row in GTLM ahead of 2020 IMSA finale

C8.R IMSA Corvette Racing’s Antonio Garcia claimed his second pole position of the season Friday ahead of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, adding yet another exclamation point to a championship season for the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.

Garcia set a GT Le Mans (GTLM) track record in time trials for Saturday’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season finale 1:55.456 (116.615 mph) in the mid-engine Corvette that he shares will GTLM Drivers co-champion Jordan Taylor as well as Nicky Catsburg.

Tommy Milner qualified the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette fourth in class at 1:56.446 (115.624 mph) and just 0.3 seconds from the front row. He and Oliver Gavin will look to secure second place in GTLM Drivers points Saturday alongside Marcel Fässler.

Garcia’s effort was the seventh pole position for Corvette Racing this season and sixth for the No. 3 C8.R. Garcia also claimed pole position for the 10-hour Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, and Taylor captured poles at Sebring in July, Mid-Ohio, Charlotte and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. Gavin, who will make his final full-season appearance for Corvette Racing, was the GTLM pole-winner at Daytona in July.

There are three goals ahead for Corvette Racing heading into Saturday.
The first is claiming the GTLM Manufacturers Championship for Chevrolet, which will happen as long as one of the two Corvettes starts the race.

Next up is clinching second place in the GTLM Drivers and Team championships for the No. 4 Corvette.
Then there is the matter of winning the race, which would mark Corvette Racing’s 12th win in the 12 Hours since 2002.

The event has witnessed the team take 11 class victories since 2002, and five of the six drivers have previously won there. Gavin leads with six GT-class victories, Garcia has three and Milner two.
Taylor was part of one overall winning effort in the 12 Hours while Fässler has a GTLM win to his credit in a factory Corvette.

The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring is set for 10:10 a.m. ET on Saturday. NBCSN will air the race live from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., and 6-10:30 p.m. ET; live network coverage on NBC is 3-6 p.m. TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold will offer live streaming of the full race starting at 10:05 a.m. ET. In addition, IMSA Radio will broadcast the race on IMSA.com, which also will host live timing and scoring.
The race also will air on XM channel 202 and SiriusXM Online 972.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R – GTLM POLE-WINNER:

“It was a perfect lap. From yesterday, we flipped around the car a little bit.
With not as much track time as in years past, qualifying is almost like practice for us, too. We gambled on something different and it seems to be working. I’m happy with that. The Corvette Racing guys did a fantastic job. It’s been an amazing season.
This year I had my first pole at Petit Le Mans and today is my first pole at Sebring. I’m very, very happy for that, too.
That defines how 2020 has been for us. Let’s hope we can carry on that way.
The C8.R seems to be really good although I’m expecting a lot of close fights with BMW and Porsche. We are starting in the best place, so let’s see what tomorrow brings.
It’s not a two-hour, 40-minute one like in July. Tomorrow will the classic race where we finish at night. We’ll see what the new Sebring date brings us.”

WHERE WERE THE GAINS FROM PRACTICE?

“It was all around the racetrack. Jordan had a very similar lap here in July, so yesterday I could compare our laps to that one, even though it was almost three seconds faster than what we did yesterday.
It gave me a target to know what the car was capable of. We made a big swing on the setup today, but I knew it was possible and that the C8.R could do a 1:55 around here. On the lap, the car felt fast everywhere.
This is the fastest I’ve ever been around here. It was cool with zero mistakes and I just nailed it.”

DOES CLINCHING THE GTLM TITLE TAKE PRESSURE OFF FOR THIS WEEKEND?

“I’ve always enjoyed this race. Since we found out about the date change, I knew that finishing at Sebring would have been very tough. Fighting for a championship at such a hard event would have been difficult.
I’m glad we got it out of the way, and I hope next year we are back to a normal schedule where no one thinks about championships at Sebring! Daytona and Sebring at the beginning of the season, those are big enough races on their own.
To put the championship on the line would be super stressful. For sure we will enjoy this weekend. But the rest of the cars in our class are very relaxed too.
They’ll go all out to win this race. I can foresee this being an aggressive race but another classic Sebring.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R QUALIFIED FOURTH IN GTLM:

“Qualifying was OK. We tried to stay the path a little bit from some of the progress we made yesterday. We just kind of missed it a little bit with the setup.
The 3 car guys went in a little different direction, and on the surface it seems to be a pretty change based on Antonio’s qualifying effort.
There is more data for all the engineers to look at it today and figure out what the best combination is.

There’s plenty of time to do that before tomorrow. I’m excited to get to the race.
Fourth and the second isn’t a bad starting spot. For us, we want to get close to the end with the car in one piece and then go racing from there.
We’ve had lessons from the July race and from yesterday in practice. I think we will be in good shape.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4940 - 11/14/20 03:22 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Plenty of excitement three hours into the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, with the second major incident of the day occurring with a four-car incident in the aftermath of Oliver Gavin’s C8.R dropped fluid on track shortly before the three-hour mark.

Gavin, running the final full-season race of his 18-year career with Corvette Racing, encountered problems in the No. 4 Corvette C8.R heading into the final turn, dumping fluid on the track
. Seconds later, the two AIM Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC Fs of GTD class leader Townsend Bell (No. 12) and second-place Kyle Kirkwood (No. 14) spun out with heavy impacts into the Turn 17 barrier.
Also spinning to a stop were Ryan Hardwick in the No. 16 Wright Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R and Rob Ferriol in the No. 30 Team Hardpoint Audi R8 LMS GT3.

A total disaster for us,” Bell said. “It’s the worst feeling in the world. I was leading the race and getting settled into a pace, and then spinning into the wall with no warning.”

Ryan Briscoe and the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R was leading at the three-hour mark and is now in position to claim the DPi title. The team fought back after a penalty to co-driver and front-row starter Renger van der Zande making an illegal lane change at the start, resulting in a drive-through penalty.

“Obviously I got a penalty and we can’t change that, so we have to fight it forward,” said van der Zande.
“The team did a great job, strategy wise. We want to be at the front at the four-hour mark that will basically give us the championship for the Michelin Endurance Cup.
We’re fighting for the championship, and we’d like to go out with a bang today.”

Wayne Taylor Racing’s penalty seemed minuscule 45 minutes later, when disaster struck the point leaders. Pole winner Ricky Taylor led the opening 45 minutes in the No. 7 Acura ARX-05. Following his first pit stop, Taylor lost boost and took the car to the garage to replace the intercooler on the left-side turbocharger. Entering the race with a two-point lead, the team’s championship hopes now ride on similar problems for its two rivals.

With its championship-leading teammates now 10 laps down, Dane Cameron and Juan Pablo Montoya picked up the torch for Team Penske, with Montoya running second at the three-hour mark in the No. 6 Acura.

Also in the championship hunt is the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac, with Pipo Derani nine points behind the leader. Co-driver Felipe Nasr was seventh after three hours.
“[Their problems] does not affect us at all,” Derani said. “We’re going to try to win this race, no matter who’s second or third. Unfortunately, with one of the guys fighting for the championship out, that makes things a little easier for us, but this is such a fantastic race that everyone is going to try to win, even those not fighting for the championship. It’s going to be a hard fight all the way to the end.”

GTLM has been dominated by the No. 25 BMW Team RLL BMW M8 GTE, of Connor De Phillippi and Colton Herta, and the No. 3 Corvette C8.R of Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor. At the three-hour mark, Earl Bamber led the class in the No. 911 Porsche 911 RSR-19.

After seven hours #3 C8.R is back in the lead

Attached Files S7hours.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4942 - 11/14/20 08:06 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Running its final race, the Porsche GT Team scored a one-two finish in GTLM. Nick Tandy, Fred Makowiecki and Earl Bamber won in the No. 911 Porsche 911 RSR-19, +9.025s ahead of teammates Bamber, Laurens Vanthoor and Neel Jani.

The final restart ended a solid run for the No. 25 Team RLL BMW M8 GTE of Connor De Phillippi, Colton Herta and Bruno Spengler. De Phillippi was hit from behind on the final restart, sending him into the GTD leading Ferrari. He came back to finish fourth behind the team’s No. 24 BMW of Jesse Krohn, John Edwards and Augusto Farfus, after the No. 25 was in the fight for the lead for most of the race.

The No. 3 Corvette C8.R of Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and Nicky Catsburg was also a GTLM contender up until a rear suspension failure with 2h30m remaining and finished fifth. The No. 4 Corvette the final ride as a Corvette regular after 18 years for Oliver Gavin took sixth after struggling through mechanical problems.

Crap end of race and GTLM season for the C8.Rs sick

Attached Files xrapend.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4943 - 11/14/20 09:35 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Chevrolet claimed the GT Le Mans Manufacturers title in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship today after the Corvette C8.R started the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
This is Chevrolet’s 13th Manufacturers title in IMSA GT competition since 2001 and concludes the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette C8.R’s inaugural season.

Corvette Racing fielded two of the new Corvette C8.Rs in the 2020 WeatherTech Championship. Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and the No. 3 Corvette Racing team clinched the GTLM Drivers and Team championships two weeks ago at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

"The first season for the Corvette C8.R has shattered all of our expectations,” said Mark Reuss, GM president. "The success of the Corvette Racing team wouldn’t be possible without the close link between the crew and the Corvette engineering team.
It has been great to watch these two teams work closely together to learn from each other. I can’t wait to see what next season brings.”

The mid-engine C8.R and 2020 Corvette Stingray were developed simultaneously, and the race car and production vehicle share more technology and parts than any previous-generation Corvette. When initial Corvette C8.R design and development work began more than five years ago, Corvette Racing engineers worked closely alongside Corvette production personnel. Within the last 18 months, track testing began with a heavy emphasis on wind tunnel and simulation testing.

Chevrolet swept the three full-season GTLM titles for the third time in five years.
This is only the second time that a first-year Corvette race car has won an IMSA championship. In 2005, Corvette C6.R won the American Le Mans Series championship during its first season.

Corvette Racing captured six victories leading into Sebring. Garcia and Taylor gave the Corvette C8.R its first victory at Daytona International Speedway in July, Corvette Racing’s 100th IMSA win. Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner won the next race in the No. 4 Corvette C8.R with Garcia and Taylor in second the first 1-2 finish for the C8.R.

In addition, the Corvette C8.R has claimed seven pole positions and posted the fastest GTLM race lap at five events.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4945 - 11/15/20 08:53 AM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
The No. 25 BMW was classified in fourth after a race to forget for Corvette Racing, which saw both Chevrolet Corvette C8.Rs suffer suspension damage.

Oliver Gavin, in his final outing as a full-season driver, was piloting the No. 4 Corvette at the time of two failures, while contact resulted in the No. 3 car losing nearly ten laps late in the stages.

Newly crowned class champions Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor, along with Nicky Catsburg, finished fifth in class

The No. 4 Corvette, meanwhile, spent considerable time behind the wall, first for a water leak that sent the two leading GT Daytona class cars into the barriers in the third hour.

It was followed by another spin triggered by suspension failure with Gavin also at the wheel.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#4946 - 11/15/20 04:16 PM Re: C8.Rs Last IMSA Race for 2020 - Sebring [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
C8.R Corvette Racing endured a tough close to its championship-winning season at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on Saturday, but it ended 2020 with a tremendous level of success in the first year of the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.

A pair of suspension issues relegated the two Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C8.Rs to fifth- and sixth-place finishes in the final race of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
It didn’t take anything away from the program’s achievement of sweeping the full-season GT Le Mans (GTLM) class championships: Manufacturers title for Chevrolet, Drivers Championship for Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor, and Team title for the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R.

Corvette Racing ended the season with six wins, seven pole positions and six fastest GTLM race laps, including Nicky Catsburg on Saturday in the No. 3 Corvette.

In addition, the No. 4 Corvette C8.R pairing of Oliver Gavin who made his final start as a full-season Corvette Racing competitor and Tommy Milner finished third in the final GTLM Drivers points standings.

Both Corvettes showed good pace early in the 12 Hours before misfortune struck the No. 4 C8.R of Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner and Marcel Fässler. A water leak in the third hour set back Gavin making his final full-season start with the team by six laps.

Things didn’t improve with a suspension issue just past the halfway mark that sent the No. 4 Corvette back to the garage with damage.
But instead of giving up, the No. 4 team worked quickly to replace the damaged components and had the car back on-track with 3:30 to go.

For most of the day, it looked like the No. 3 Corvette of Garcia, Taylor and Catsburg was the car to beat in class.
Garcia began from pole position, and the C8.R led seven times.
The No. 3 team came back from fifth near the four-hour mark and to the lead within the next hour thanks to some solid laps, a great pit stop and some luck with a full-course yellow with about three hours to go.

Garcia was running second when he experienced a problem at the left-rear of the Corvette in a similar spot as the No. 4 C8.R’s issues. The Corvette Racing crew did its homework, however, and had Garcia back in the race after just 15 minutes following repairs in its garage.

Corvette Racing will open its 2021 season with the Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 30-31.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTLM:

“It’s a shame we couldn’t finish the year on a high, especially at such a big event like Sebring. We were fighting hard until we had our suspension issue. Definitely we were hunting for the win. It happens. It’s a shame both our cars had similar issues.
Still, it’s the first year for the C8.R and there is still a learning curve. We will learn from all the races we’ve done the races we’ve won and for sure the ones where we had some issues. It’s never easy to have a perfect race every weekend, so every event is a chance to learn.

We were fighting for the win, which was the main thing. It was a hard race for everyone, but that is Sebring. This makes me want to get back to Daytona even stronger than how we ended.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTLM:

“If you look at the event itself, it obviously was a disappointment.
But for Antonio and me, coming in crowned champions beforehand, this gave us some freedom to push the car to its limits.
We made it through the Rolex 24 with no issues, but Sebring is a different animal.

You’re always going to get tested here. It was the first time at the 12 Hours with this C8.R. Obviously, we would have liked to have a little bit more success but we proved the car was competitive. We had the fastest lap of the race and were strong in both day and night.
We have a good understanding of where the car is competitive, but these things happen with new cars.

To win the championship, win six times and get seven pole positions as a team with a brand new racecar says so much about Corvette Racing and the preparation and development of this C8.R. I’m honored to be a part of it and definitely it’s one of the greatest years I’ll ever have in my career.
We made a lot of great memories, and I’m happy to share them all with my teammates.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTLM:

“This was a very tough race, as Sebring always is. We definitely had a shot at the win today before our suspension problem.
Before that, the C8.R was so fast and it looked like things would go our way. As we saw with a lot of cars today, that doesn’t always happen at this track.

But we can take a lot from this weekend and put it toward next season and the second year with the Corvette. I had a lot of fun driving this car and with this team for the first time. I’m excited to see what the future holds for Corvette Racing.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R – FINISHED SIXTH IN GTLM:

“The weekend has been emotional, and it was always going to be. That’s one of the reasons I wanted my wife Helen here.
I knew I was going to struggle somewhat with it without her being here to support. Yesterday was very nice Jim Campbell, Gary Pratt, Doug Fehan and Ben Johnson said some very nice words with all the team just to spend a moment with them and thank them for what’s been an amazing 19 years was special.

There has been so much success, so much positivity, great feelings and friendships. I felt very honored that I could share that moment with them. I tried to say some words, and I was quite emotional and only got some of them out!

But I think I got the message across – that I’m deeply appreciative of everything that everyone has done at Corvette Racing and Team Chevy collectively. It has been an unbelievable 19 years. I was very grateful to be able to thank the people that have done the most for me over these 19 years. It was really fantastic.”

ON THE RACE:

“The race today showed a lot of promise. Almost right from the start, we weren’t quite there with the car.
The guys worked to figure some stuff out, and we got better. It looked like we were in the hunt and had pace.
When we lost all the water out of the radiator, it was a pretty big setback. We did what we could to get some laps back and then had the left-rear suspension problem. It was one of the moments that you don’t expect but you realize it’s going to happen at some point as a racing driver.

But once again, Corvette Racing did a great job to get the car back together, everything going and us back out on the track as fast as they possibly could. It’s a testament to how they’re trained and how they work. It’s great to see. It gives me an immense amount of pride to watch them operate.

Both crews had their moments of adversity, but not once did anyone complain or kick back; they all just dove straight in to get the cars back out.
That’s what Corvette Racing is about. It’s what has won us a lot of races and championships, and I’m proud to have been a part of it.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED SIXTH IN GTLM:

“It’s not the race result we wanted to end the season, for sure, but I’m happy Olly and I got third in the championship.
We hoped to be able to challenge for the win. If things had progressed like we expected, we would have been able to.
But that’s what happens at Sebring and why it’s so tough. It was great to let Olly have some fun in his last two stints.
I’m proud of what we have accomplished as teammates, and I’ve been lucky to drive with him for such a long time.
He’s been a big part of my career and we’ll miss having him around. Like anything with a new car, we have learned a lot as time has gone on. I’m proud of what Corvette Racing has been able to achieve this year. We’ve been really fast with this new C8.R, and I’m excited for the future with this Corvette.”

MARCEL FÄSSLER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED SIXTH IN GTLM:

“That was a tough one to swallow. We had issues quite early with the water leak that put us five laps down.
It was difficult to get those laps back. We tried a lot, and the team was never giving up.
The suspension problem really put us out of the game. It was hard for me to do this race with Corvette.
It was a great opportunity to drive here with Corvette Racing. It’s like a family to me, and I really enjoyed being with the team.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  teamzr1 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (teamzr1), 17 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
What's New
Teammate Jason does 140 MPH in standing 1/2 mile
by teamzr1. 03/25/24 06:05 AM
C8 Corvette Convertible Water Leak
by teamzr1. 03/21/24 11:41 AM
IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring 2024
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 07:15 PM
No warranty Flipped Z06 now needs costly repairs
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 02:29 PM
Corvette Racing History
by teamzr1. 03/13/24 03:34 PM