Rate This Thread
#5798 - 09/26/22 07:34 PM IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Since his car only needs to be on the starting grid Saturday at Motul Petit Le Mans to sew up the GTD PRO class championship, Mathieu Jaminet recently pitched an interesting tongue-in-cheek strategy to the rest of the No. 9 Pfaff Motorsports team.

“I was like, ‘Why not just take in the start and stop in the race and go have some beers?’” Jaminet recalled with a smile. “They were not a big fan of the idea.”
Joking aside, 27-year-old Frenchman Jaminet knows that the plaid Porsche 911 GT3 R crew and drivers will approach the 2022 season finale with the same gusto that they’ve had this inaugural GTD PRO season, resulting in five class wins and a runaway to the title.

Jaminet and co-driver Matt Campbell Porsche factory drivers each in his first full season of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship competition, with both headed to Porsche’s new LMDh prototype program in 2023 will officially nail down the team and driver crowns by starting the 10-hour race. Porsche has already locked up GTD PRO manufacturer honors.

But Jaminet, Campbell, endurance driver Felipe Nasr (also a Porsche LMDh driver in ’23) and the rest of the No. 9 team want more. Namely, a sixth win to cap a most impressive 10-race season and a second consecutive WeatherTech Championship title for Pfaff, which took home GT Daytona (GTD) class laurels in 2021.
“You certainly don’t get to chase championships very often,” said Steve Bortolotti, Pfaff’s general manager. “This is a special opportunity, and we’re very motivated to make that (sixth win) happen.”

Campbell, the 27-year-old Aussie who won at Petit Le Mans the past two years in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class that was succeeded this year by GTD PRO, concurred.

“We’ve had a fantastic run for the championship so far, quite surreal,” he said. “To be able to finish with another win would be very, very special.
We’re going for it, no question, and also for me, it would be three straight (wins) at Petit, which would be very, very cool.”

Corvette, Lexus Fighting for Second in GTD PRO Standings

The GTD PRO points battle, therefore, is for second place. Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and the No. 3 Corvette Racing Corvette C8.R GTD sit 16 points ahead of Ben Barnicoat and the No. 14 Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3. Depending on how qualifying goes, it may well come down to whichever car finishes better in the seven-car class.

“The (No.) 9 car has had a great season,” said Barnicoat, who will team with Jack Hawksworth and Kyle Kirkwood in the No. 14 as they try to deliver Lexus its first WeatherTech Championship endurance race win.
“They have been super strong in both pace and not making mistakes, but I feel we have been the best of the rest, no doubt. Which is why we’re right there and in the fight for second in the points. To get second in the championship means everything to our team, and I’ve not felt more confident heading into a race this season.”

Corvette Racing, meanwhile, has eight Motul Petit Le Mans victories but none since 2010. Garcia, who has never won the race, would like to end the drought for himself and the team.
He and Taylor hold a two-point lead in the IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup standings and would also like to bring home that prize.
Nicky Catsburg rejoins them for the finale.

“This has been a very challenging year moving to GTD PRO,” Garcia said. “It took a lot of work to get the C8.R ready for Daytona.
Since then, we’ve been in some races and not competitive in others.
Although we are leading the Endurance Cup standings, we are effectively out of the season championship.
It’s not a familiar position for us, but now we can just go and race for the win this time.”

Team ZR-1
True Custom Performance Tuning
Teamzr1.com
Team ZR-1 Store
Enter Here
#5799 - 09/28/22 08:50 AM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
DETROIT (Sept. 28, 2022) – Winning races is the goal every time out for C8.R Corvette Racing. There’s a bit more “want” coming from the team this weekend, however.
The 10-hour Petit Le Mans is the final round of this year’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. It’s the 25th running of the endurance classic at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta with Corvette Racing looking for its ninth class victory since its first race there in 1999. That doesn’t tell a complete story, unfortunately.
It’s been 12 years 4,378 days for those counting since Corvette Racing last won Petit Le Mans. It’s the longest stretch between victories at any event for the program a situation the team plans to rectify Saturday.

Full-season teammates Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor welcome Nicky Catsburg back to the driver’s seat of the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R in the GT Daytona (GTD) PRO class. The two seek their second long-distance victory of the season, having won the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March.
That triumph plus a strong showing at June’s Six Hours of The Glen have propelled Garcia, Taylor and the No. 3 Corvette squad to the lead of the Michelin Endurance Cup – a collection of the four premier long-distance races for the WeatherTech Championship.

The season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona and Petit Le Mans bookend the Endurance Cup, which sees Chevrolet second in the Manufacturers standings entering Road Atlanta.
The best way to secure the championship is to win the race. Taylor is the one member of the driver trio to accomplish that, having won overall in 2014 and 2018 as part of the Prototype class.

Not that there haven’t been close calls. Corvette Racing has finished second four times and recorded a pair of third-place finishes since 2010. In many of those seasons, the team’s focus was on wrapping up either the American Le Mans Series’ GT championship or the IMSA GT Le Mans (GTLM) title instead of going for outright race wins 2013, 2016-18 and 2021.

Petit Le Mans sees the end of the first season for Corvette in the new GTD PRO category, and as such is the first at Road Atlanta for the GTD Corvette – which runs with more weight, less power, an anti-lock braking system and a spec Michelin tire compared to the GTLM class.
Aside from a win at Sebring in March, the No. 3 Corvette finished second in class at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and VIR with third-place showings at Long Beach and Road America.

Chevrolet On Display at Road Atlanta

In addition to the many series and events competing during the Petit Le Mans weekend, race fans will have plenty to see and experience from Chevrolet.
The Chevrolet Motorsports Display will be full of Chevy vehicles that spectators can learn more about throughout the weekend.

The Chevrolet Motorsports Display opens at 8 a.m. Thursday and Friday, plus 8:30 a.m. Saturday and is located in the Fan Zone above the Road Atlanta main paddock. Numerous Chevrolet vehicles and other highlights include:

• The 2023 Corvette Z06 convertible
• Additional Chevrolet products such as Equinox RS AWD, Camaro 2SS coupe, 2023 Blazer RS AWD, 2022 Silverado 1500 Crew ZR2 4WD, 2023 Tahoe 4WD RST and a SEMA-edition Corvette Stingray
• A Corvette C8.R showcar, a Corvette Stingray cutaway chassis and the Chevrolet Corvette LT6.R engine
• An opportunity to receive a 2022 Corvette Racing t-shirt

In addition, a white Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will lead the Petit Le Mans field to the green flag and serve as the official pace car.
The 10-hour Petit Le Mans is scheduled for 12:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, Oct. 1.
The race will air live on NBC from noon-3 p.m. ET and from 7-10:30 p.m. ET on USA. Peacock will have live flag-to-flag streaming from noon-10:30 p.m. ET. IMSA Radio will provide live audio coverage Saturday on IMSA.com, XM 207 and SiriusXM Online 992.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“It’s both puzzling and frustrating that I haven’t won Petit Le Mans. Of all the big races I’ve done with Corvette, that’s the only one left, and I’m reminded of it year after year. The race will be different in many ways, so hopefully that’s good for us.
Although we are leading the Endurance Cup standings, we are effectively out of the season championship. It’s not a familiar position for us, but now we can just go and race for the win this time.

“I’d like to win Petit Le Mans not just for myself but for the team. This has been a very challenging year moving to GTD PRO.
It took a lot of work to get the C8.R ready for Daytona. Since then we’ve been in some races and not competitive in others.
That’s how it goes with the car we are running.
I would say though that the team has worked as hard as it ever has to get whatever results we’ve been able to achieve.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Petit Le Mans is always a highlight of the year. It brings an amazing crowd, and the race itself is always great. I think after our strong showing at VIR and being back in contention for wins, it’s given us a lot of motivation and confidence heading into the weekend. It hasn’t been the easiest year for us.
Obviously winning the Sebring 12 Hours was great, but since then we’ve had some tough events. We were able to find a little bit of footing in Canada earlier in the summer, and VIR was the first race in a while where we felt like we could contend. We’re hoping we can keep that up and close this year out on a high.

“I’m fortunate to have won Petit Le Mans multiple times. There are a lot of excellent engineers and crew guys on our team plus Antonio and Nicky who haven’t won there yet. There has been a lot of effort and preparation put into this race to get them that first win at Petit Le Mans.
There wouldn’t be any better way to close this year than Corvette Racing finally winning there.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Honestly, this is probably the race everyone wants to win the most! Antonio has never won it, and he’s won pretty much every other single event in the States. I’ll add myself to that, especially since last year I didn’t get to drive.
For me, this is a big event and one that I want to win. It’s a great event, and I’m looking forward to getting back to Corvette Racing. It’s been a long time since I was in the GTD version of the car in March at Sebring, so I’m sure I’ll need some time to get back up to speed. But I can’t wait to be back with the guys and try to win this race.

“This race will be quite a tough one. Road Atlanta doesn’t present the most overtaking opportunities. In the past, there was a clear difference between GTLM and GTD, so you had a natural way to overtake. Now every single GTD car you find is potentially just as quick or just a little bit slower than you depending on tire situations. So everything is going to be a fight, plus you have the DPi cars that are so much faster in the high-speed sections.

It will be very tough, but it’s another reason I love multi-class racing.
It’s another aspect where you can make a difference as a driver by being smart in traffic.
We will have to stay on our toes the entire time.”

2022 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – GTD PRO
(After nine of 10 events)

Driver Standings
1. Mathieu Jaminet/Matt Campbell – 3,173
2. Antonio Garcia/Jordan Taylor – 2,908
3. Ben Barnicoat – 2,892
4. Alex Riberas/Ross Gunn – 2,791
5. Connor De Phillippi/John Edwards – 2,522

Team Standings
1. No. 9 Pfaff Motorsports – 3,173
2. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 2,908
3. No. 14 VasserSullivan – 2,892
4. No. 23 Heart of Racing Team – 2,791
5. No. 25 BMW Team RLL – 2,522

Manufacturer Standings
1. Porsche – 3,173
2. Lexus – 2,922
3. Chevrolet – 2,918
4. Aston Martin – 2,861
5. BMW – 2,607

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5800 - 09/29/22 08:21 AM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Jack Hawksworth topped all GTD competitors and was all alone at the top of GTD PRO in the No. 14 Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3 at 1m19.384 (115.19mph).

Second-quickest GTD PRO competitor Matt Campbell in the Pfaff Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3R had a host of GTD runners between him and Hawksworth as he set a time of 1m19.810s.
Daniel Serra was third in the No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488, followed by John Edwards (BMW M Team RLL M4 GT3) and 5th - Antonio Garcia (Corvette Racing C8.R).

First practice completed
2nd practice later today

Attached Files pr1.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5801 - 09/29/22 01:43 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Jack Hawksworth shocked the GTD PRO field in the final 15 minutes with a time nearly two-thirds of a second quicker than anyone else.
His 1m18.912s lap in the No. 14 Vasser Sullivan Lexus led BMW M Team RLL’s third driver, Jesse Krohn, by 0.645s.

Third, and the last PRO car before the GTDs started filling in, was Antonio Garcia with a 1m19.718s in the No. 3 Corvette.

Second Practice completed
Third practice at 7:30 PM tonight and qualify tomorrow

Attached Files pt2.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5804 - 09/30/22 12:12 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
C8.R driver Antonio Garcia believes Corvette Racing left “nothing on the table” during its first season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s new GTD Pro class.
Corvette found itself in a unique position when IMSA transitioned from the GTLM era into the new, GT3-based GTD Pro for this year.
As opposed to all of its rival manufacturers in the new class, Corvette lacked a pre-made GT3 platform to race.

Instead, the American squad modified the existing Chevy Corvette C8.R to meet GTD regulations, which included the introduction of an ABS system that it trialed during the Detroit Grand Prix last year.
The GTD-spec C8.R is set to carry over into next year before the Corvette Z06 GT3.R takes over in 2024.
Corvette’s first car built to full GT3 regulations was shaken down earlier this week.

After struggling at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Corvette’s interim car took a maiden class win during the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, but has not returned to the victory lane since.
Instead, Pfaff Motorsports put together a series of five class victories, which has put it in prime position to clinch the GTD Pro title when Motul Petit Le Mans starts on Saturday.
Garcia indicated that the first season after the GTLM era provided a greater challenge than initially anticipated, but insisted the team performed to the best of its abilities.

“More difficult, probably,” Garcia said. “It would have helped, probably winning a few more races. That would have been welcome, but I think we did what we could.
“We worked at 100 percent, and I think what we have now and what we had during the year was pretty decent.
“I didn’t think we left anything on the table to improve the car or have the car as fast as possible or as prepared as possible for every race.
“So I think whatever we achieved or whatever we had been, likely the most we could achieve.”

Garcia said the switch to Michelin’s Pilot Sport S9M tire from the previous confidential specifications of tire it ran in GTLM proved to be the team’s biggest challenge throughout the season.

The switch meant data the team had accumulated through multiple years of racing in GTLM was less valuable, meaning the learning process was more significant.
“Every track is new, and we don’t have data,” said Garcia.
“Over the past years in GTLM, we had years and years of data, so you know exactly every single day, every single session, every single hour of the race, you had the statistics of what the car would do.

“So you would be proactive instead of reacting to how the car will feel this Saturday.
“So we might react to things instead of being ahead of time, which usually helps in this kind of racing.”
He added: “I feel we’re probably reacting a little bit more than we should before we go into a race.
“A little bit more with some doubts or some unknowns.

“But many races we had an excellent car anyway, so we showed superb pace almost everywhere, so I can’t complain.”
Garcia reckons that Corvette’s decision to split its efforts between IMSA and the FIA World Endurance Championship for the first time ever also impacted its rate of learning, since it had to do so with only a single car.

“Running only one car does not help, because we could have doubled up that work or speed up that work by using two cars,” the Spaniard noted.
“We could’ve done different programs, and it would have helped to get it to a better result or a better setup in half the time.
“But I think we still did pretty decently. The car behaved pretty good at most of the races.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5805 - 09/30/22 01:09 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Jack Hawksworth charged to GTD Pro position in the No. 14 Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3, while Madison Snow set the fastest GTD time for Paul Miller Racing.

Hawksworth flew to a best lap of 1:18.835, beating Alex Riberas in the No. 23 The Heart of Racing Aston Martin Vantage GT3 by 0.208 seconds.

Riberas initially topped the session with a 1:19.043, but moments after he returned to the pits Hawksworth jumped to the top and then improved once more to take pole.

Snow’s No. 1 BMW M4 GT3 split the GTD Pro pack by taking third behind Hawksworth and Riberas while also taking GTD pole with the best effort of 1:19.118.

The BMW remained ahead of the No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 of James Calado, as well as BMW Team M RLL’s Jesse Krohn and the No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R of Antonio Garcia.

Qualify completed
Here is the order they will start in for the 10-hour race tomorrow

Attached Files qual.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5806 - 09/30/22 06:01 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
BRASELTON, Ga. (Sept. 30, 2022) – Antonio Garcia and Corvette Racing will start on the third row of the GT Daytona (GTD) category and fifth in GTD PRO on Saturday for the 10-hour Petit Le Mans – the final race of this year’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

Garcia set a best lap of 1:19.444 (115.099 mph) around Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R. He will team with Jordan Taylor and Nicky Catsburg as the race goes green at 12:10 p.m. ET (NBC, Peacock, XM 207).

Garcia was 0.609 seconds off Jack Hawksworth’s pole-winning time in GTD PRO. However, there is only a 0.165-second margin from third to fifth of 7 cars in the class

As has been the case at every IMSA race this season, it’s the first event for Corvette Racing at Road Atlanta in the GTD category after eight years in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class. Compared to previous years, the GTD-spec Corvette runs with more weight, less power, an anti-lock braking system and a spec Michelin tire.

This year’s Petit Le Mans is the 25th running of the endurance classic, with Corvette Racing looking for its ninth class victory since its first race there in 1999 but first since 2010.
That long-awaited victory would help Garcia and Taylor secure second place in the GTD PRO Drivers Championship and also go a long way toward winning the Michelin Endurance Cup a collection of the four premier long-distance races for the WeatherTech Championship.

The season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona and Petit Le Mans bookend the Endurance Cup, which sees Chevrolet second in the Manufacturers standings entering Road Atlanta. Garcia, Taylor and Catsburg won the Endurance Cup’s second round, the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring – in March to move into contention.

The 10-hour Petit Le Mans is scheduled for 12:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, Oct. 1.
The race will air live on NBC from noon-3 p.m. ET and from 7-10:30 p.m. ET on USA. Peacock will have live flag-to-flag streaming from noon-10:30 p.m. ET. IMSA Radio will provide live audio coverage Saturday on IMSA.com, XM 207 and SiriusXM Online 992.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R QUALIFIED FIFTH IN GTD PRO:

“I wouldn’t consider that decent. My lap was probably decent but I feel like I had a tiny bit more. It was difficult to put together with how the car behaved and how bad traffic was. Traffic interaction wasn’t great, and that killed a little momentum. That’s the same for everyone.

“When you come to these kinds of races where the car count is big and Road Atlanta is only an 80-second lap, your chances of getting in the way of someone or someone gets in your way are higher.
It’s difficult to really gauge when you have to push and when do you have your time to go and try for a quick one. When I decided to go, it wasn’t a great moment. I had two cars coming out of the pits and because of that it snowballs into bigger problems. It’s never easy and never easy here.
We’re up there (in the GTD order). It’s still a 10-hour race, which is a long way, so qualifying doesn’t mean a lot.

For sure, we have some extra feedback on how the car behaves, and I’m sure we’ll have a better Corvette tomorrow.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5807 - 10/01/22 02:16 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Five hours of the 10-hour race is completed at this time

Maximilian Buhk has leaped up to the lead of GTD Pro, having taken advantage from pitstop mishaps from some of the competitors ahead.
Vasser Sullivan’s No. 14 Lexus RC F GT3 led the field to green in the hands of Jack Hawksworth, but the Briton accidentally headed for pit lane just as it closed due to the caution caused by Megennis.

It forced him to cruise through the pits and then pit again, dropping the Lexus to fifth in class.

While Hawksworth recognized his error and withheld from pitting, the No. 25 BMW M Team RLL BMW M4 GT3 of Jesse Krohn did come in for service, resulting in a 60-second stop and hold for working in a closed pitlane while in the lead of the class.

As a result, Buhk now leads in the No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo, closely followed by the No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTD of Antonio Garcia. Felipe Nasr sits third in the No. 9 Pfaff Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R.

Nasr’s co-drivers Mathieu Jaminet and Matt Campbell clinched the GTD Pro title by the car starting the race.

Attached Files 5hours.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5808 - 10/01/22 07:14 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
C8.R finishes back in sixth place, 29th overall :-(

Attached Files finish.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5809 - 10/02/22 12:47 PM Re: IMSA 10 Hours Petit Le Mans Last seasons race [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
BRASELTON, Ga. (Oct. 1, 2022) – C8.R Corvette Racing closed its season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship on Saturday with a fifth-place finish in the GT Daytona (GTD) PRO class after the 10-hour Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta.

Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor and Nicky Catsburg entered Saturday hoping to replicate their victory from earlier this year at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Ultimately, two separate incidents of contact didn’t help the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R’s quest for its second victory of the season.

The result was enough for Garcia and Taylor to take third in the GTD Drivers Championship and Chevrolet to finish third in the final Manufacturers standings.

The day began strong with Garcia moving forward from the green flag. He picked up two positions to third on the opening two laps of the race and moved to the lead just past the hour mark. He drove the first 92 minutes before handing off to Taylor, who ran first or second for the first 90 minutes of his time in the Corvette.

The day’s first setback came near the three-hour mark when Taylor’s right-rear Michelin went down while leading on a restart following contact with the No. 9 Porsche. He was able to dive directly into the pits for four fresh tires, but fell down to sixth.

The march back toward the front came over the next two hours, as two more full-course yellows and penalties to some of its competitors allowed the Corvette to make up track position. By the time Catsburg took over near the four-and-a-half-hour mark, the No. 3 was back with the lead back in GTD PRO and ran as high as second before Garcia returned to the driver’s seat near the seven-hour mark.

Things came undone for the No. 3 Corvette with a little more than two hours to go as Garcia spun at Turn 11 after contact with the 62 Ferrari. He dropped from third to fifth and then down to sixth as Corvette Racing engineers immediately went on an alternate pit strategy in hopes of a yellow to get the C8.R back into contention.

The race’s final yellow came with 52 minutes remaining and brought Garcia to within five seconds of the lead inside the final 30 minutes, but couldn’t draw closer at the end.

Corvette Racing closes its 2022 program with the Eight Hours of Bahrain and the final race of the FIA World Endurance Championship on Nov. 10-12.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTD PRO:

“It’s difficult when you have GTD cars fighting for the same thing as you and their performance is completely opposite of yours. It’s impossible to race when one car achieves a lap time in one way and the rest do it another. I must say it’s the story of the season.
We showed at the beginning of the race that if we are up front and can do our own pace, we’re good and we can race.

As soon as you have someone in front of you that you can’t pass and another car gets to you, they will go past because you have nothing to help you defend. That’s been the thing this year. Frustrating day, frustrating season, but the effort from everyone at Corvette Racing has been great all season. We couldn’t ask for more from the team. That’s 110 percent.”

On the start: “The start of the race was easy and relaxed in a way. We had good pace to the other cars in front of those and managed to jump most of those in the pits. Then the pace was excellent. I had to catch the 79, which seemed doable, and got into the lead.
But one more year when I’ve won many stints at Petit Le Mans but never the whole race.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTD PRO:

“I feel like we put ourselves in some good spots today. At the end of it, we just didn’t have the pace to battle guys.
After that last restart we were kind of in a position to fight again but got motored by. That was pretty much our season in one race.
Hopefully we can go into the off season, figure out what all we learned and come back stronger next year.”

Opening stint: “Our car was decent. We had a little bit of contact, which was unfortunate.
It kind of cycled us to the back, but we were still in a good position. It’s really hard to pass around here with the traffic.
I wasn’t going to give the position (to the 9 Porsche). I was trying to be aggressive and hold him off.
We were racing for the Endurance Cup, so I think that’s why we were racing that aggressively that early on.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED FIFTH IN GTD PRO:

“It was a tough race. We didn’t have the pace at the end.
It seems like everyone else had something left, and we didn’t. I had fun, but unfortunately this was the maximum we could do.

“Honestly, there wasn’t a lot of crazy action. It was quite fun.
Unfortunately, on both pit entries, I got held up by a couple of stints and lost some time.
But that didn’t mean so much for our pace. It just means that all the effort you put in during the stint is then lost for no reason, which is very annoying.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com

Moderated by  teamzr1 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (teamzr1), 25 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
What's New
Teammate Jason does 140 MPH in standing 1/2 mile
by teamzr1. 03/25/24 06:05 AM
C8 Corvette Convertible Water Leak
by teamzr1. 03/21/24 11:41 AM
IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring 2024
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 07:15 PM
No warranty Flipped Z06 now needs costly repairs
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 02:29 PM
Corvette Racing History
by teamzr1. 03/13/24 03:34 PM