Owner of a 2022 C8 Z51 just did the Big Bend Open Road Race this month of Oct where weather was around 90 degrees

He states :

During a long road race last weekend, my un-modded 2022 Z51 put itself in a reduced power mode that ruined the race for me.

I was only to 32 of 60 miles for the first leg into the race,
averaging about 155 mph with a top speed of 168 mph when an orange DIC message popped up with a message about a transmission temperature problem.

Press check to dismiss it said. I pushed check and the message went away. But the car speed started to drop.
Foot to the floor accelerator and the max speed was 155, then 150, then 140.
For a while, it would not go faster than 126 MPH.

I could not get it into anything above 6th gear.

When I looked at it later, I found that 50 percent of each of the two front grills ( with those crap 3rd party screens on) were covered with a thick layer of flying bugs similar to a small butterfly.
They were stuck firmly to my grill guards.

Later, using a data dump from the PDR using PI Toolbox, I found that the coolant, oil and transmission oil temperatures were all running 20 degrees hotter than I have recorded in previous races but nowhere near max temps.
I am assuming that the bug layer blocked the air flow and caused these temperature rises.

Did the elevated fluid temperatures cause the car to reduce power and not run above 140?

If I take it to my dealer and tell him that the car doesn’t run well at 160 mph, I can guess what the response will be.

What fluids do the two front grills provide air for cooling?

So finally some C8 owner reports racing a C8 Z51, and it becomes a dog within 32 miles :-)
DCT temps recorded as shown below is nowhere near a condition to limited to only 126 MPH

Thus, another C8 design and the DCT flaw shows up 4 years into the C8 production and would have shown up much sooner
if the C8 owners were not wazers and never racing America's Sports Car mad

Attached Files a730.jpg

Team ZR-1
True Custom Performance Tuning
Teamzr1.com