Members50
Most Online265
Jan 21st, 2023
03/15/24 02:15 AM IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring 2024 by teamzr1
Both C8 Z06s having special color for Mobil I's birthday

71 Views · 5 Comments
03/14/24 09:29 PM No warranty Flipped Z06 now needs costly repairs by teamzr1
Reality when buying a flipped 2023 C8 ZO6

The 2nd owner allegedly paid $177K for a 1LZ Z06 and because it was flipped within six months,
GM has blocked the car’s VIN from being able to be serviced for a warranty repair.

Now the second owner is being confronted with carrying the full cost of repair of course the DCT, he tells the dealership he can’t afford those repairs and so the car has been sitting broken for months.
The dealer did offer him an out if he wanted to trade in the non-working Z06 for something else, and the dealer says they even offered $102K outright for the car
But because the owner is so pissed, he has yet to fully come to terms with the financial pain that he is being subjected to.
Question is did he know he was buying a flipped ZO6 with no GM warranty as seller or dealer lying to him
Or he was aware and shook the dice nothing would go wrong and need thousands of out of pocket dollars in repairs

Can see lots of dust in engine bay and claims there is some rust showing mad

03/13/24 10:34 PM Corvette Racing History by teamzr1
DETROIT (March 13, 2024) – The new-look Corvette Racing program is headed to one of the toughest and most extreme tests in all of motorsports the 72nd running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Cadillac.

The rough-and-tumble Sebring International Raceway in central Florida is steeped in Corvette Racing lore with countless tests plus 29 races during a quarter-century of Corvette competition. That should bode well for the fortunes of the four Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R entries entered for this America’s oldest sports car race.

Two of the Corvette GT3 cars are entered in each of the GT classes of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship a pair for Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports in GTD PRO and an additional two for AWA in GTD.

The goal for each team is to put Corvette back on the top step of the podium a place Corvette Racing has stood 14 times leading into this year’s running. Operated by Pratt Miller Engineering, the Corvette factory team has tasted victory each of the last two years 2022 in GTD PRO and 2023 in the GTE Am class of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

The current Corvette/PMM team tested the Corvette Z06 GT3.R at Sebring in November in order to gather valuable data on the first-year car ahead of the season’s most grueling race across the bumps and concrete of the 3.74-mile, 17-turn Sebring circuit.
The lineups remain the same from the season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona: Antonio Garcia, Alexander Sims and Daniel Juncadella in the No. 3 Oshkosh / Mobil 1 Corvette with Tommy Milner, Nicky Catsburg and Earl Bamber sharing the No. 4 Oshkosh / Mobil 1 Corvette.

The six Corvette factory drivers have a combined 11 victories at Sebring.

In GTD, the AWA team will make its second start with the Corvette brand after debuting at Daytona.
The squad enjoyed a solid Sebring 12 Hours a year ago in LMP3 with the No. 13 trio of Orey Fidani, Matt Bell and Lars Kern finishing second in class.

They will team again in this year’s race while 2023 fourth-place LMP3 finishers Anthony Mantella and Nico Varrone a winner last year for Corvette Racing in the FIA WEC’s 1,000 Miles of Sebring are set to drive with Rolex 24 teammate Thomas Merrill.
The Corvette Z06 GT3.R is Chevrolet’s first car built to global GT3 regulations. It’s based on the production Corvette Z06 supercar with the two sharing a significant amount of DNA.

The racecar is built on the same production aluminum chassis frame from Chevrolet’s Bowling Green (Ky.) Assembly plant as the road-going Z06. Similar carbon-fiber splitters for front downforce, and the surface area from the top of the windshield to the rear of the Z06 remained intact on the Z06 GT3.R. That includes side air ducts behind the doors directly inspired by Z06 production road car that help to cool the engine, transaxle and rear brakes.

The similarities carry over to the hand-built 5.5L, flat-plane crankshaft V8 engine in the Z06 GT3.R. Both original from the Bowling Green factory with the racing version sharing 80 percent of the production content from the Z06, including the crankshaft, connecting rods, cylinder heads, fuel injectors, coils, gaskets and a variety of other sensors.

Celebrating Mobil 1’s 50th Anniversary

To mark the 50th anniversary of Corvette technical partner Mobil 1, both the No. 3 and No. 4 Corvettes from Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports will contest Sebring with special Mobil 1-inspired liveries. Both cars plus the No. 01 Cadillac V-Series.R in GTP will feature celebratory Mobil 1 gold along with the Mobil 1 Pegasus, which throughout its history has symbolized speed and power within the brand.
The Mobil 1 brand and its partners will be highlighting the brand’s legacy and future at Sebring, as well as off the track through the rest of this monumental anniversary year.

For more than 25 years, the Mobil 1 brand has been an integral part of the Corvette Racing program. It was the only lubricant used by the factory racing effort dating back to the first on-track tests of the Corvette C5-R in 1997. The Mobil 1 brand continues as a primary sponsor of the Pratt Miller run Corvette Z06 GT3.R team, and since 1993 has been the factory fill for all new production Corvettes.

Chevrolet Motorsports Display, Ride and Drive Return to Sebring

In addition to the many happenings on the racetrack at Sebring, fans will have plenty to see and experience from Chevrolet. That’s because two locations at the circuit Chevrolet’s Motorsports Display and the Chevrolet Ride and Drive will be full of Chevy vehicles that spectators can learn more about throughout the weekend.
The Chevrolet Motorsports Display opens at 9 a.m. Thursday and Friday plus 8 a.m. Saturday in the Sebring Midway. Numerous Chevrolet vehicles and other highlights include

• The Corvette Z06 GT3.R showcar along with the 2023 Corvette Z06 coupe
• Corvette Stingray convertible
• Additional Chevrolet products such as Traverse Z71, Blazer EV RS, Silverado 1500, Colorado ZR2, Tahoe RST, Silverado 2500HD
• An example of the LT6.R engine in the Corvette Z06 GT3.R
• An opportunity to receive a 2024 Chevrolet Motorsports t-shirt

Also beginning Thursday, fans visiting the Sebring Skidpad outside of Turn 17 can sample a Chevrolet vehicle for themselves at the Ride and Drive event. Starting at 9 a.m. each day, spectators have the chance to test a wide variety of Chevrolets including Blazer RS, Tahoe High Country, Silverado 1500, TrailBlazer Active and Trax Active.

The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Cadillac is scheduled for 9:40 a.m. ET on Saturday, March 16. The race will air on USA Network from 4-10 p.m. ET with full streaming coverage on Peacock at 9:30 a.m. ET. IMSA Radio will air all on-track sessions beginning at IMSA.com along with Sirius 216, XM 207, SiriusXM Online 992 and 100.9 FM at the circuit.

CORVETTE RACING BY PRATT MILLER MOTORSPORTS PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“After coming to Sebring for more than 15 years, the race still amazes me. It really is unlike any other event we do with the combination of the track, the bumps and the fans that turn out every year. I’m fortunate to have won many races at Sebring in different categories and generations of the Corvette and I hope that continues with the Z06 GT3.R. Already we have some notes and data from testing over the bumps late last year so that should help us arrive with a good baseline. We were fast at Daytona and immediately competitive, so let’s see if all that together will mean more success for Corvette at Sebring.”

ALEXANDER SIMS, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“I’m looking forward to Sebring a heck of a lot. The way last year’s race worked out still perplexes me! So now it will be cool to go there and try to get my first Sebring GT win, after coming home second a few seasons ago. Having driven the car there in testing, it felt good. It was probably the most challenging track I’ve been on so far in trying to get used to the ABS with the bumps throughout.
We’ve made gains with the car since the test but difficult to know what those are like and how relevant they are to the Sebring track and the surface. As we gain general understanding of the car and the tires, things are going in a positive direction.”

DANI JUNCADELLA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“Sebring is an event that starts in the day and ends at night, which is very unique. The track is very cool with a lot of history behind it. It’s definitely one of the highlight races in IMSA.
I’ve always heard that the Corvette is a very good car around Sebring, and that’s exciting as well. I’ve raced two times there and came second and third. Hopefully if we are on the podium, we will be on that missing step.

“This is no secret or mystery winning at Sebring is more exciting than winning at a lot of other places. It’s a race where a lot of things happen over the 12 hours. There is so much history behind it. It’s a very cool event. I’ve only raced there twice but already feel like I know the track very well.
I feel like I have raced there a lot more, but I have done a lot of laps on simulators over the years. That makes it easier to get to grips.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“I’m always excited to go to Sebring. It gives us a chance to see how the Z06 GT3.R will be in a configuration that will carry on through the rest of the year. We’ve done a lot of testing at Sebring, including with this car. Historically the Corvette racecars have always been very strong over the bumps, and this car seems no different than previous generations.
So we’re anticipating a good race from our side. As always, Sebring is famously rough on equipment and drivers! I’m confident we’ve addressed the issues that we experienced in testing and at Daytona. I’m super happy with how driving with Earl and Nicky ended up.
They both did a fantastic job, as expected. I’m going into the weekend with high hopes and expectations.
But it’s still a new car and a new season. We’ll see how things go once we get on track for practice.”

NICKY CATSBURG, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“The last couple of years at Sebring have been good for me personally, winning there and dominating in WEC and then the year before with Antonio and Jordan we won in IMSA. So it’s been quite good and I look forward to continuing that streak. I do have high hopes. Yes, Daytona was difficult but the car already showed some good pace. I do not believe we were too slow to fight for a podium.
Maybe we could not have fought for a win, but there some small technical issues which we should struggle with less going forward. We have had more time to discover the time, and a 24-hour race is not the easiest race to start with.

The team continues to progress and we have improved the car from where it was weak in Daytona. So we should be strong there. The team knows how to set up the car really well at Sebring, and I believe they know exactly what to do so we can extract the most speed out of it. I like the car, we have a great team and great teammates. I cannot wait for Sebring to come so we can fight for a victory.”

EARL BAMBER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“The debut of the Corvette at Daytona was exciting. We showed that we had good form to run at the front. When we tested at Sebring, the car also was really strong. Of all the GT3 cars recently that I’ve driven, the Corvette is one of the stronger packages, and at Sebring it was really good too.
The Pratt Miller guys have been working hard to rectify the small teething things we had at Daytona, and I think we’ll come out swinging at Sebring.
It’s a track that has suited Corvette for a long time. Doing my first race with them, I can see why they beat us and won so many championships when you look at the side of the truck. I’m looking forward to getting down there and giving it a good shot at another endurance racing classics.”

AWA PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

MATT BELL, NO. 13 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“A great deal of commitment and focus is required in order to be able to succeed at Sebring, but it’s an exhilarating race from start to finish. We’ve meticulously prepared for this event and have spent a lot of time trying to fine-tune our No. 13 Corvette Z06 GT3.R, so I’m feeling confident that our hard work will pay off. Even though the first race of the year didn’t go our way, we’re here to embrace the challenge and push ourselves until we get the results we know we’re capable of.”

OREY FIDANI, NO. 13 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“We’ve done very well at Sebring in the past and we’ll be doing everything we can to have another strong result here again. I’m ready to get back in the car and showcase all of our efforts. We know we have it in us to compete at the front of the pack and contend with the best in the field, now it’s just a matter of putting all the pieces together. It’s a long race, and anything can happen, but I believe in our ability to rise to the occasion.”

LARS KERN, NO. 13 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“I’m really looking forward to what is my favorite race on the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship calendar. Even though it’s a 12-hour race, there’s no holding back from the first lap onwards. Sebring always has an amazing atmosphere, it’s such an incredible event with some of the most passionate fans out there. We completed a good test last week and I can’t wait to hop back into our Corvette Z06 GT3.R.
Although our experience at Daytona stung, we feel well prepared to tackle these bumps next weekend and come back stronger.”

NICO VARRONE, NO. 17 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“The Sebring 12 Hours is always one of top IMSA events. I’m really looking forward to it, especially having won there last year in WEC with Corvette. Even if Daytona this year wasn’t kind to us and we had some issues with our Corvette, everyone at Corvette Racing and AWA did a lot of work to sort things. We feel ready for Sebring. I feel like we have a strong package and a strong lineup, so we will give our all.

Sebring is a tough track and a tough race with the legendary bumps. With the race starting in the daytime and finishing at night, the car balance changes a lot so you have to be on point in order to have a good car to finish the race, so that’s the main goal. We will work hard throughout the week and see where we end up.”

ANTHONY MANTELLA, NO. 17 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“Sebring is the ultimate test of skill and endurance, and it’s a race we all collectively greatly look forward to. The intensity and physicality are part of what makes this event so unique, and we’re very determined to do well here and show that our No. 17 Agritainer Corvette Z06 GT3.R has the competitive edge to fight at the front of the GTD Class.
Following a difficult opening round at Daytona, we’ve all contributed a great deal of time and energy into making sure we have a strong understanding of the car, and we are fully focused and committed to moving forward and concentrating on the next task.”

THOMAS MERRILL, NO. 17 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R:

“I can’t wait to get back into the No. 17 Agritainer Corvette Z06 GT3.R.
We’ve spent some time with the car following Daytona to work out some of the kinks, so I’m confident we’ll be returning stronger at Sebring. Historically, the Corvette has always been strong over the bumps, so I’m optimistic that we will be able to put on a strong performance as well.
Still, this is probably the most competitive GTD field we’ve seen, so it won’t come easy, but we’re ready to rise to the occasion and show what we’re capable of. Can’t wait to get started!”

2024 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Points

GTD PRO Drivers Standings
1. Alessandro Pier Guidi/Daniel Serra/Davide Rigon/James Calado – 376
2. Laurin Heinrich/Michael Christensen/Seb Priaulx – 355
3. Bryan Sellers/Madison Snow/Sheldon van der Linde/Neil Verhagen – 319
4. Alex Riberas/Mario Farnbacher/Ross Gunn – 300
5. Alexander Sims/Antonio Garcia/Daniel Juncadella – 290
8. Nicky Catsburg/Tommy Milner/Earl Bamber – 254

GTD PRO Teams Standings
1. No. 62 Risi Competizione – 376
2. No. 77 AO Racing – 355
3. No. 1 Paul Miller Racing – 319
4. No. 23 Heart of Racing – 300
5. No. 3 Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports – 290
8. No. 4 Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports – 254

GTD PRO Manufacturers Standings
1. Porsche – 355
2. Aston Martin – 302
3. Chevrolet – 290
4. Ford – 274
5. Lamborghini – 268

GTD Drivers Standings
1. Daniel Morad/Indy Dontje/Philip Ellis/Russell Ward – 364
2. Francois Heriau/Kei Cozzolino/Miguel Molina/Simon Mann – 340
3. Albert Costa Balboa/Alessandro Balzan/Cedric Sbirrozzuoil/Manny Franco – 325
4. Alessio Rovera/Charles Scardina/Onofrio Triarsi/Riccardo Agostini – 303
5. Maximilian Goetz/Mikael Grenier/Mike Skeen – 273
18. Anthony Mantella/Charlie Eastwood/Nico Varrone/Thomas Merrill – 152
21. Alex Lynn/Lars Kern/Matthew Bell/Orey Fidani – 117

GTD Teams Standings
1. No. 57 Windward Racing – 364
2. No. 21 AF Corse – 340
3. No. 34 Conquest Racing – 325
4. No. 023 Triarsi Competizione – 303
5. No. 32 KorthoffPreston Motorsport – 273
18. No. 17 AWA – 152
21. No. 13 AWA – 117

GTD Manufacturers Standings
1. Mercedes-AMG – 371
2. Lamborghini – 328
3. Porsche – 312
4. McLaren – 284
5. Lexus – 275
6. Chevrolet – 255

28 Views · 0 Comments
03/13/24 10:21 PM GM Raises Extended Warranty Prices 30% by teamzr1
Effective April 7th GM Platinum Plus extended warranty is going up on all Chevy's an average of 30%.
It is also going up on all other GM products on April 7th.

10 Views · 0 Comments
03/13/24 12:14 AM Stiffer Laws for Stealing CATs by teamzr1
On January 1, three laws went into effect in California to address the theft of catalytic converters.
The first makes it illegal to remove a VIN from a catalytic converter.
The second requires dealerships to have the converter engraved with the VIN before a new or used vehicle is sold.
Finally, the third redefines what constitutes an automobile dismantled, creating criminal penalties for anyone that acts illegally as an automobile dismantler.

According to ALLDATA, catalytic converters are a highly stolen item because of the metals they contain such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium.
Since these rare metals have a high recycle value on the black market, catalytic converter theft has been on the rise across the nation, with California leading the way. An experienced thief can remove a catalytic converter in just one to two minutes using basic tools.

The bills

AB 1519: This law makes it illegal to remove a VIN marking from a catalytic converter. It also makes it illegal to possess three or more catalytic converters that have had their VIN markings removed.

SB 55: This law requires a motor vehicle dealer or retailer to have the converter engraved or etched with the VIN before a new or used truck is sold.
The law does allow for the purchaser to decline having the VIN etched or engraved on the converter.

AB 641: This law redefines an automobile dismantler to include individuals in possession of nine or more catalytic converters. Additionally, the law creates penalties for an individual acting illegally as an automobile dismantler. Individuals and businesses that have a legitimate purpose for having catalytic converters, such as repair shops, will be excluded from the penalty.

How other states have responded

There are already catalytic converter laws in a number of other states, with some planning to strengthen them
In 2023, Delaware made it a felony to purchase, sell, or offer for sale, a catalytic converter that was not attached to a vehicle, unless the sale is being made by a scrap metal purchaser following all the required provisions.
In Minnesota, a law was enacting establishing criminal penalties for unauthorized possession of catalytic converters and only allowing registered scrap metal dealers to purchase detached converters.

Oregon Senate Bill 803 came into effect in 2021, making the buying or selling of converters from unauthorized sellers illegal.
Additionally, the dealers of catalytic converters, noting the model, make, license number, and VIN of the converters in use.
The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) and industry coalition have pushed Congress to act on catalytic converter theft bills.

In 2023, NADA, joined by 20 industry partners, sent a letter to the leaders of the U.S. House and Senate Commerce Committees in support of H.R. 621/S. 154, a bipartisan bill to combat rising catalytic converter theft.
The "Preventing Auto Recycling Theft (PART) Act" addresses the growing national problem of catalytic converter thefts, which are costing businesses and vehicle owners millions of dollars annually. The bill is currently in committee review.

16 Views · 0 Comments
03/12/24 10:47 PM If you cannot afford a C8 ZO6 - Than Steal One by teamzr1
Police in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee say two thieves broke into Heritage Automotive there around 3 a.m. Friday, March 1 and calmly drove away with $300,000 worth of expensive vehicles, including a Torch Red over Natural Two-Tone 2024 Corvette Z06 hardtop convertible valued at $148,000.

“My guess is maybe they are taking these vehicles further south, maybe Georgia, and they are going to re-vin these vehicles and someone is going to think they are getting a real good bargain on them. Pretty sophisticated bunch, I believe,” Det. Jeff Renfro with the Lawrenceburg Police Department said.

Already, though, the thieves have had to abandon one of the stolen vehicles – a 2022 GMC Yukon – that was located hours after the thefts in Birmingham, Alabama with a flat tire behind an abandoned house. Investigators have gathered DNA evidence from the SUV to submit to the lab for possible matches.
Meanwhile, the search continues for the Corvette as well as a 2024 GMC Sierra HD 2500 Denali pickup truck valued at nearly $80,000.

Surveillance video captured the three suspects breaking into the building through a service bay window and then backing the Z06 out of the showroom.
“They busted a window out of the service lane where you bring your car in when you are getting it worked on, and once inside the building, used a crow bar to break into the lock box where the keys are,” Renfro said.

Enthusiasts will find it humorous that the suspects either enjoyed the open-air feel on a very cold night in Tennessee or just didn’t have enough sense to know how to find the button to close the top.

Regardless, 20 minutes after the theft, they had to stop at a convenience store in Giles County to put gas into the Corvette.
Surveillance video there wasn’t helpful to identify the driver, who was covered from head to toe, but the man who stole the Yukon showed his face inside the store.

“We had been told they could not get far. They only kept like a gallon’s worth of gas, maybe 20 miles worth of fuel in that Corvette,” Renfro explained.
The Corvette was able to be tracked for a while using OnStar until thieves disabled the system.

If you have any information about the thefts, you’re asked to call the Lawrenceburg Police Department at 931-762-2276.

10 Views · 0 Comments
03/12/24 03:17 AM C8 Used Prices dropping like a Log by teamzr1
Used C8 selling prices keep dropping, even for the Z06s

03/10/24 02:17 AM IMSA takes full control of BoP for rest of this season by teamzr1
IMSA has changed the Balance of Performance process for the GTD Pro & GTD classes beginning with next weekend’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Cadillac, largely reverting to a system based from last year but with increased manufacturer transparency.

Confirmed in a media roundtable on Friday morning, the sanctioning body, in support of the manufacturers, has re-taken control of the BoP process, following a system that was put into place ahead of the 2024 season that had manufacturers nominate its own performance expectations.

That system, which took into account data from December’s IMSA-sanctioned test at Daytona International Speedway, led to post-race penalties for both Ferrari and BMW for having “exceeded IMSA’s expectations as shared in the GT manufacturers technical working groups.”

Instead, IMSA’s technical committee will now declare BoP figures for the GT3 platform themselves, with full transparency between the manufacturers, as had previously been the case.
It was cited that the lack of a sanctioned BoP test at Sebring International Raceway prior to the event, along with manufacturer feedback, led to the reversal of its previous system.

IMSA’s senior technical director Matt Kurdock explained:
“We concluded a technical working group yesterday with the OEMs discussing the process, discussing the performance targets for Sebring and the OEMs felt that carrying on in a manner where working towards a common performance targets would prove to be difficult, particularly as there was opportunity to conduct a Sebring sanctioned test.

“IMSA has taken some of the 2023 data in combination with some of the Rolex 24 data and has since devised a BoP solution for Sebring that’s basically a combination of those sources of data available with trying to hit a common performance target for the GTD and GTD Pro classes for the Sebring event.”
Kurdock added:
“The manufacturers felt it was too difficult to work towards a common target. Having to perform the work in setting the parameters that hits a series of common targets.

“They’ve asked IMSA to retain the control going into Sebring, particularly as there’s no opportunity for a sanctioned test where we can go through in a sanctioned test and further collect imperial data whether the targets we’re devising are appropriate.
“In this case we’ve gone with a more traditional method of defining the BoP but continuing on with the increased transparency that IMSA has developed with the OEM group in providing a common forum for us to discuss it collectively.”

IMSA VP of competition Simon Hodgson indicated that the Daytona outcome led to the manufacturer’s decision to ask the sanctioning body to take the BoP back under IMSA’s own control.
“I think there’s been a realization, a recognition from the manufacturer group that the complexity in defining performance targets is difficult,” he said.
“So they’ve asked IMSA to revert to controlling the BoP process as we move forward for the rest of this year.”

IMSA released its Sebring BoP document on Thursday afternoon, featuring wholesale changes to weight, power and fuel capacity for nearly all the 11 GT3 models since January’s season-opener.
Kurdock said that the BoP parameters are independent of the penalties issued post-race at Daytona.

Adjustments have also been made to the GTP class, including the starting BoP for the new Lamborghini SC63, which will make its series debut next weekend.
Kurdock confirmed that the GTP class runs to a different BoP system from that in GTD Pro/GTD and the procedure remains unchanged amid the rollback for the production-based classes.
He added that there are no other planned sanctioned tests for the remainder of this season.

18 Views · 1 Comments
03/07/24 03:48 PM IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring March 16th by teamzr1
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A hefty field of 58 cars up five from a year ago is entered for the 72nd running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Cadillac. The fabled race on the former airfield at Sebring International Raceway takes off in the morning hours of Saturday, March 16, with flag-to-flag live-streaming available on Peacock and USA Network picking up coverage at 4 p.m. ET.

The Twelve Hours of Sebring is the second stop on the 2024 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship schedule and will complete the “36 Hours of Florida” following the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January.
All four series classes Grand Touring Prototype (GTP), Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2), Grand Touring Daytona Pro (GTD PRO) and Grand Touring Daytona (GTD) will be competing.

Here’s the vital information you need for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.

Fast Facts

Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Cadillac

Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida

March 13-16, 2024

Race Day/Time: Saturday, March 16 – 9:40 a.m. ET

Peacock Streaming Coverage: LIVE – Flag-to-flag beginning at 9:30 a.m.

NBC Sports Coverage: USA Network from 4-10 p.m.

Live Qualifying Stream: Friday, March 15 – 12:15 p.m. (Peacock in the U.S., IMSA.com/TVLive outside the U.S.)

IMSA Radio: Select sessions live on IMSA.com and RadioLeMans.com; SiriusXM live race coverage begins March 16 at 9:30 a.m. (Sirius channel 211, XM 207, Web/App 996, at track 100.9 FM, Sebring local 99.1 FM)

Circuit Type: 3.74-mile, 17-turn road course

Race Length: 12 hours

Classes Competing: Grand Touring Prototype (GTP), Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2), GT Daytona Pro (GTD PRO), GT Daytona (GTD)

03/04/24 08:36 PM Flipped E-Ray for Sale close to $400,000 ! by teamzr1
A very loaded 2024 E-Ray Convertible wearing VIN 018, and it’s already been flipped to a pre-owned dealership in Michigan where it’s being offered for more than $240,000 over MSRP.
Originally delivered to Feldman Chevrolet of Novi in Novi, Michigan, this 2024 Corvette E-Ray Convertible has only 354 miles on the odometer, and it’s very nicely optioned with a Torch Red exterior and a 3LZ Adrenaline Red interior.

The car’s window sticker seen below and can see the original buyer had loaded the car up with Carbon Flash-painted Carbon Fiber wheels, visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Nacelles and Roof, and Bright Red brake calipers.
Other options include the ZER Performance Package, Black Exhaust Tips and a bunch of little stuff to make the MSRP on this HTC come in at $147,685.

A Flipped E-Ray with less than 400 miles is now being sold by DM Motors in Walled Lake, Michigan with an eye-popping selling price of $389,995.plus tax

That’s $242,310 more than the MSRP of the car, and anyone who buys this E-Ray will be without a factory warranty due to GM’s toothless anti-flip rule that only punishes the next owner.

Also notice the fuel mileage and EPA ratings are not good at all

02/25/24 12:37 AM Cheaters in IMSA Rolex 24 by teamzr1
BMW and Ferrari have been fined and penalized after they were found to be outside their performance window during the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

34 Views · 0 Comments
02/24/24 03:01 PM Corvettes go Wild and cops cannot catch them by teamzr1
Not sure if these cop chases are the same C7 or 2 different ones, but speeds over 170 MPH and cops lose out both times
In one chase, they say a 2019 C7 Z06

64 Views · 0 Comments
02/22/24 11:32 PM How Corvettes Gen 6,7 and 8 Place at VIR by teamzr1
Lightning Lap testing, to see how cars perform, began in 2006
Here is how the gen 6, 7 and 8 places in the 1 lap at VIR

Corvettes are shown in BOLD text

Ranked Year Make Model - - - - Lap Time

1 2019 McLaren Senna, 2:34.9
2 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series, 2:37.0
3 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2:37.2
4 2018 Porsche 911 GT2RS Weissach, 2:37.8
5 2021 McLaren 765LT, 2:38.4
6 2023 Chevy Corvette Z06, 2:38.6
7 2019 Chevy Corvette ZR1, 2:39.5

8 2018 McLaren 720S, 2:39.7
9 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Manthey, 2:39.8
10 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS, 2:40.5
11 2022 Porsche 911 GT3, 2:40.6
12 2019 Porsche 911 GT3RS, 2:41.6
13 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2:42.5
14 2020 McLaren 600LT Spider, 2:42.6
15 2017 Ford GT, 2:43.0
16 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder, 2:43.1
17 2016 Lexus RC F GT concept, 2:43.2
18 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R, 2:43.4
19 2023 Lamborghini Huracán Tecnica, 2:43.9
20 2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante, 2:44.0
21 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, 2:44.2
22 2024 Lucid Air Sapphire, 2:44.3
23 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, 2:44.6
24 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06, 2:44.6
25 2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO, 2:45.0
26 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE , 2:45.0
27 2016 Ferrari 488GTB, 2:45.1
28 2017 Ford GT, 2:45.5
29 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2:45.7
30 2015 McLaren 650S Spider, 2:45.8
31 2009 Mosler MT900S, 2:45.9
32 2024 Chevy Corvette E-Ray, 2:45.9
33 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2:46.8
34 2018 Porsche 911 GT3, 2:47.0
35 2016 Porsche 911 GT3RS, 2:47.0
36 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport, 2:47.1
37 2016 McLaren 570S, 2:47.4
38 2023 BMW M4 CSL, 2:47.5
39 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4, 2:47.5
40 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S, 2:47.8
41 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR, 2:48.6
42 2020 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51, 2:49.0
43 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT63 S 4Matic, 2:49.3
44 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2:49.4
45 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO, 2:49.4
46 2012 Mosler Photon, 2:49.8
47 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia, 2:49.9
48 2014 SRT Viper TA, 2:49.9
49 2024 BMW M3 CS, 2:50.0
50 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1, 2:50.1
51 2017 Acura NSX, 2:50.2
52 2022 BMW M5 CS, 2:50.3
53 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4, 2:50.3
54 2015 Porsche 911 GT3, 2:50.4
55 2012 Chevy Corvette ZR1, 2:50.7
56 2014 Ferrari F12berlinetta, 2:50.8
57 2015 Chevy Camaro Z/28, 2:50.9
58 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S, 2:51.0
59 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2:51.2
60 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse, 2:51.2
61 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 2:51.4
62 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggara, 2:51.8
63 2009 Chevy Corvette ZR1, 2:51.8
64 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R, 2:51.8
65 2009 KTM X-Bow, 2:52.3
66 2022 Audi RS3, 2:52.5
67 2022 Mercedes-AMG SL63, 2:52.6
68 2022 Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT Coupe, 2:52.6
69 2016 BMW M4 GTS, 2:52.9
70 2017 Nissan GT-R Track Edition, 2:53.2
71 2012 Nissan GT-R, 2:53.2
72 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T, 2:53.4
73 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06, 2:53.5
74 2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive, 2:53.5
75 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray, 2:53.8
76 2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2, 2:53.8
77 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV, 2:53.9
78 2019 BMW M5 Competition, 2:54.0
79 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4, 2:54.0
80 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 2:54.6
81 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:54.6
82 2017 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE, 2:54.8
83 2012 Lexus LFA, 2:55.1
84 2018 BMW M5, 2:55.2
85 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S, 2:55.2
86 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S, 2:55.4
87 2020 BMW M8 Competition, 2:55.5
88 2009 Nissan GT-R, 2:55.6
89 2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0, 2:55.6
90 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2:55.6
91 2019 Lamborghini Urus, 2:55.8
92 2011 Porsche 911 GT3RS, 2:55.9
93 2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus, 2:56.1
94 2022 Bentley Continental GT Speed, 2:56.2
95 2024 Nissan Z Nismo, 2:56.2
96 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, 2:56.7
97 2016 Cadillac CTS-V, 2:56.8
98 2023 BMW M2, 2:56.9
99 2019 Mercedes-AMG C63 S coupe, 2:57.1
100 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2:57.2
101 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10, 2:57.4
102 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2:57.5
103 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus, 2:57.5
104 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1, 2:57.5
105 2009 Ariel Atom 3, 2:57.6
106 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2:58.0
107 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series, 2:58.0
108 2024 BMW X5 M Competition, 2:58.1
109 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06, 2:58.2
110 2020 Mercedes-AMG CLA45, 2:58.2
111 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S, 2:58.3
112 2018 Audi TT RS, 2:58.5
113 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2:58.6
114 2010 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport, 2:58.8
115 2023 Honda Civic Type R, 2:58.8
116 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2:58.9
117 2009 Nissan GT-R (all-season tires), 2:59.0
118 2014 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG, 2:59.1
119 2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT, 2:59.1
120 2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S, 2:59.2
121 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2:59.2
122 2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 2:59.2
123 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe, 2:59.2
124 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2:59.3
125 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, 2:59.5
126 2021 Jaguar F-Type R, 2:59.5
127 2023 Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition, 2:59.6
128 2019 BMW M2 Competition, 2:59.7
129 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody, 2:59.8
130 2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2:59.8
131 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S-model, 3:00.1
132 2021 BMW X5M Competition, 3:00.5
133 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:00.6
134 2022 BMW M240i xDrive, 3:00.6
135 2006 Ford GT, 3:00.7
136 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo S, 3:00.7
137 2015 BMW M4, 3:00.7
138 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition, 3:00.7
139 2015 Jaguar F-type R coupe, 3:01.0
140 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06, 3:01.1
141 2008 Chevy Corvette Z51, 3:01.2

142 2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 3:01.4
143 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE, 3:01.5
144 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe, 3:01.6
145 2018 Mercedes-AMG GLC63S Coupe, 3:01.7
146 2007 Porsche 911 GT3, 3:01.8
147 2016 BMW M2, 3:01.9
148 2013 Jaguar XKR-S, 3:02.1
149 2016 Jaguar F-type Project 7, 3:02.2
150 2020 Audi RS Q8, 3:02.2
151 2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition, 3:02.6
152 2014 Porsche Cayman S, 3:02.6
153 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 3:02.8
154 2022 BMW X4M Competition, 3:02.9
155 2014 Audi RS7, 3:03.0
156 2022 BMW M240i xDrive, 3:03.0
157 2020 BMW M340i, 3:03.2
158 2019 Subaru STI S209, 3:03.4
159 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, 3:03.5
160 2017 Audi S8 Plus, 3:03.6
161 2007 Chevy Corvette Z51, 3:03.6
162 2021 Mini John Cooper Works GP, 3:03.8
163 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, 3:03.8
164 2018 Audi RS5, 3:03.9
165 2012 Porsche Cayman R, 3:03.9
166 2016 Ford Focus RS, 3:03.9
167 2018 Honda Civic Type R, 3:03.9
168 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 3:04.0
169 2011 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:04.0
170 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE, 3:04.0
171 2020 Cadillac CT5-V, 3:04.1
172 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe, 3:04.2
173 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 3:04.2
174 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 3:04.2
175 2017 BMW Alpina B7 xDrive, 3:04.3
176 2013 Audi RS5, 3:04.3
177 2022 Volkswagen Golf R, 3:04.3
178 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost HiPo, 3:04.4
179 2007 Lotus Exige S, 3:04.5
180 2007 Audi R8, 3:04.6
181 2013 BMW M6, 3:04.7
182 2022 BMW i4 M50, 3:04.7
183 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Q4, 3:04.8
184 2018 Lexus LC500, 3:04.8
185 2012 Audi TT RS, 3:04.8
186 2022 Lexus IS500 F Sport, 3:04.9
187 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, 3:04.9
188 2023 Kia EV6 GT, 3:04.9
189 2018 Subaru WRX STI Type RA, 3:04.9
190 2009 Lotus Exige S 260 Sport, 3:05.0
191 2013 BMW M5, 3:05.2
192 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 3:05.2
193 2012 Lotus Evora S, 3:05.3
194 2011 Lexus IS F, 3:05.4
195 2009 BMW M3 coupe, 3:05.4
196 2017 Audi RS3, 3:05.6
197 2008 BMW M3 coupe, 3:05.6
198 2019 Chevy Camaro Turbo 1LE, 3:05.6
199 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, 3:05.8
200 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 3:05.8
201 2015 Lexus RC F, 3:05.8
202 2009 Porsche Cayman S, 3:05.8
203 2016 Lexus GS F, 3:05.9
204 2007 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:05.9
205 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, 3:05.9
206 2022 Hyundai Kona N, 3:06.1
207 2020 Cadillac CT4-V, 3:06.2
208 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG coupe, 3:06.3
209 2010 Jaguar XKR, 3:06.4
210 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cup Car, 3:06.4
211 2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, 3:06.5
212 2011 BMW 1-series M, 3:06.6
213 2014 Jaguar XFR-S, 3:06.7
214 2021 Acura TLX Type-S SH-AWD, 3:06.7
215 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport, 3:06.8
216 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, 3:06.9
217 2011 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, 3:06.9
218 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi Edition, 3:07.1
219 2014 BMW M235i, 3:07.2
220 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Dynamic, 3:07.3
221 2022 Hyundai Elantra N, 3:07.3
222 2010 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:07.4
223 2017 BMW M760i xDrive, 3:07.6
224 2016 Audi TTS, 3:07.7
225 2019 Hyundai Veloster N Performance Package, 3:07.7
226 2017 BMW M240i, 3:08.0
227 2011 Lotus Evora, 3:08.3
228 2009 Audi TTS, 3:08.4
229 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 3:08.6
230 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C, 3:08.8
231 2011 Jaguar XFR, 3:08.9
232 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0, 3:09.0
233 2006 Lotus Elise, 3:09.2
234 2006 Chevy Corvette Z51, 3:09.3
235 2023 Subaru BRZ (brake/tire upgrade), 3:09.3

02/22/24 11:28 PM 2024 E-Ray Results at VIR by teamzr1
Lightning Lap Results 2006 to 2024

Lap Time: 2:45.9
Class: LL3 | Base: $122,085 | As-Tested: $147,815
Power and Weight: 655 hp • 3947 lb • 6.0 lb/hp

Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ZP; F: 275/30ZR-20 (97Y) TPC, R: 345/25ZR-21 (104Y) TP

The E-Ray is no stranger to VIR. During its gestation, the C8 development engineers thrashed it at America's Nürburgring on several occasions. In the process, they learned how to extract the quickest lap time from it, and we were glad they were on-site to share their knowledge.

You see, the E-Ray's small 1.1-kWh battery lacks enough capacity to provide full boost for the entire 4.1-mile lap, and the power supplied by the 160-hp electric motor driving the front wheels tails off beyond 120 mph.
That requires the driver to parse out the electrical energy by strategically utilizing the car's Charge+ mode, which allows the battery to deploy some of its juice while holding some in reserve.

Start the lap in Charge+ with a full battery, tap out of Charge+ exiting Snake for a couple of seconds of afterburner acceleration, tap back into Charge+ before the Climbing Esses, and tap out of it one last time for the Back Straight and the remainder of the lap. Luckily, the eight-speed auto shifts presciently, which allows you to focus on fumbling with the awkward Charge+ button on the side of the center console.

Aside from that annoyance, the E-Ray is impressive, its track performance confirming its middle-sibling position in the C8 lineup: The 2:45.9 lap time lands between the Stingray Z51's 2:49.0 and the Z06's 2:38.6. (FYI, the online video of the E-Ray's run shows the clock starting before our standard start line due to an incorrect lap-timer setting. We adjusted for that mistake to keep the E-Ray's time accurate.)

Pushed to its limits, the nearly two-ton E-Ray felt slightly larger and less precise than the 282-pound-lighter Stingray, but it's still well-balanced, with virtually no high-speed understeer.
It muscled through the slow Turn 1 at 1.12 g's, and the traction afforded by its all-wheel-drive system yanked it out of that corner going 0.6 mph faster than the track-animal Z06.
The E-Ray's carbon-ceramic stoppers felt like they could arrest a runaway train, but the propulsion system's limitations showed on the Front Straight, where the car topped out at 147.3 mph compared to the less powerful Stingray at 149.7 (the Z06 touches 159.5 mph there).
That deficit in no way diminishes the E-Ray's prowess.

The Corvette E-Ray is a big bruiser that can dance and thrill on track, the 31st quickest of the 327 production vehicles we've run at Lightning Lap and a multitalented middle child of the C8 family.

E-Ray ranked 32nd place
See all ranked at :

Ranking

1,080 Views · 0 Comments
02/22/24 07:48 PM 94 year old guy and a Corvette Sports Car by teamzr1
The 94-year-old driver of a black C6 Corvette coupe faces multiple citations after a two-vehicle collision Wednesday afternoon that caused a pickup to overturn in Roseburg, Oregon.

Local police say Weyland Phillips was traveling west on Northeast Oakland Avenue in a Corvette when he allegedly quickly tried to cross Northeast Stephens Street without coming to a complete halt at the stop sign. In the process, the Corvette struck a pickup driven by a 51-year-old headed south on Northeast Stephens.

A photo from the scene shows the Corvette lost its front clip and driver’s door (likely due to the eventual extrication of the driver by emergency crews), coming to rest on the sidewalk next to a sign for Apex Ace Home Center. In another photo, the truck was shown upside down on the edge of the Apex property facing west, with its camper cover knocked loose and lying upright nearby on Stephens Street.

According to a witness, the Corvette was coming from Oakland Avenue between Clint Newell Auto Group and Safeway when it struck the southbound pickup.
The Corvette ended up on the sidewalk next to a sign for Apex Ace Home Center.
The pickup came to a rest upside down on the edge of the Apex property, facing westbound. The vehicle’s canopy came off and landed on Stephens Street.

Two ambulances were on site, and it appeared that both drivers were receiving medical attention, with at least one reportedly transported as a trauma patient. Southbound Stephens Street was closed, with traffic being diverted into the Safeway parking lot.
One lane of northbound traffic was able to get through the area under the direction of Roseburg Police.

Both vehicles had to be towed from the scene.
Both drivers were transported to CHI Mercy Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries and have now been released.
The 94-year-old Corvette driver was cited for having no operator license, driving uninsured, and careless driving.

02/20/24 05:45 PM Hig Speed C7 Crash by teamzr1
High-Speed Havoc: C7 Corvette Crash Shuts Down Sunrise Boulevard in Miami
The quiet of Monday night was shattered by a crash involving a Chevy C7 Corvette on Miami's West Sunrise Boulevard. The incident, now under investigation, raises concerns about speed and safety on the roads. The crash scene and its aftermath have prompted a closure of eastbound lanes, impacting local commutes and businesses.

In the quiet of Monday night, the thunderous silence following the screech of tires momentarily halted the usual hum of Miami's West Sunrise Boulevard. A Chevrolet Corvette, known for its sleek design and powerful engine, met with an unfortunate fate, becoming the center of an investigation led by the Plantation Police Department. The incident, occurring in the 9400 block of this bustling street, has since woven a tapestry of cautionary tales about speed and safety.
The Scene of Solitude

The aftermath of the crash painted a stark image against the night's canvas. There, in the middle of the road, lay the Corvette, its journey abruptly halted. The driver's side airbag had blossomed open, a silent testament to the impact's force.
The passenger door stood ajar, as if in a mute appeal for assistance, while fragments of what once was a symbol of automotive excellence were scattered like leaves in autumn. This vivid scene of disruption has prompted an immediate response from local authorities, with eastbound lanes from the 9500 block to Pine Island Road sealed off from the rhythm of daily life, as investigations take precedence.
Investigation Underway

The Plantation Police Department has since taken the helm, delving into the intricacies of the crash. The absence of immediate details regarding potential injuries or the necessity of hospital transportation adds layers of mystery to an already complex scenario.
Questions linger in the air, heavier than the night's humidity. What sequence of events led to this single-vehicle accident?
Was it a momentary lapse, a mechanical failure, or the road's siren call that led to this outcome?
These are the pieces of the puzzle that investigators are diligently working to place together, in hopes of painting a clearer picture of the events leading up to the crash.

Community Impact and Safety Concerns

The closure of eastbound lanes on West Sunrise Boulevard is more than a mere inconvenience; it is a ripple effect impacting daily commutes, local businesses, and the community's heartbeat. As authorities work tirelessly at the scene, the incident serves as a stark reminder of the fragile balance between speed, safety, and the responsibility shared by all who navigate these asphalt veins.
The Corvette's fate, while unique in its details, underscores a universal narrative: the road demands respect, and its laws, both legal and natural, are paramount.

As the investigation continues, the Plantation Police Department urges the public to heed road closure advisories and seek alternative routes.
The story of the Corvette on West Sunrise Boulevard, while still unfolding, is a poignant chapter in Miami's ongoing dialogue with speed, safety, and the pursuit of harmony on the road.
As details emerge, the community watches, waits, and reflects on the lessons woven through the tapestry of this night's event.

02/19/24 11:39 PM Carvana Sells a Stolen Corvette by teamzr1
A Savannah man says Carvana sold him a stolen Corvette, something he didn’t know until police ran his temporary tags.

Adrian Kirkland’s brother posted a TikTok after Savannah police took interest in Kirkland’s newly purchased 2017 Corvette.
“I couldn't believe it, man, I thought I was being pranked,” Kirkland told WJCL 22.

Within hours of picking up his car from Carvana, it was gone. Kirkland and his brother exclusively spoke to WJCL 22 about the traumatic experience.
“So many people have contacted me like, 'I can't believe they sold you a stolen car,' How did it pass the insurance because the insurance people insured it?

How did it pass the registration, the DMV?
What did it go wrong,” Kirkland said.

The TikTok went viral with nearly a half million people viewers in days, including folks at Carvana who acted quickly to resolve the situation.
Kirkland says they've offered to find him a new Corvette and provide compensation for the experience.
n a statement, Carvana says Kirkland is a victim of a "sophisticated fraud" and that they're working with Kirkland and investigators to make the situation right, including a full refund for his purchase.

Savannah police say they'll continue to hold the vehicle while the investigation continues.
Despite the company's efforts, Kirkland believes it should've never happened.

“You know, a billion-dollar corporation, why are you selling people stolen cars?
It could happen to you, and that's the reason we took to TikTok. It could happen to you,” Kirkland said.

Watch this

https://www.wjcl.com/article/savannah-man-says-carvana-sold-him-stolen-car/46847652

35 Views · 0 Comments
02/17/24 09:32 PM Sound like a Supercar ? by teamzr1
Track sounds of Z06 exhaust

32 Views · 0 Comments
02/17/24 02:53 AM Gang Banger Steals whole tractor load of C8s by teamzr1
TUCSON, Ariz. (13 News/Gray News) - A man said he stole a tractor-trailer full of C8 Corvette cars because he was just released from prison and needed a ride home, according to authorities in Arizona.

The Cochise County Sheriff’s Office said 23-year-old Isaiah Walker was arrested Thursday on charges of robbery, 11 counts of theft of means of transportation and felony theft.

The sheriff’s office said the incident started at a truck stop in Willcox when Walker, of Oklahoma, approached the driver of the tractor-trailer.
Walker “spoke to the victim about his truckload, lulled him into a sense of security,” then grabbed the driver and threw him from the cab, the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

Walker drove off with the truck, which was hauling 10 Chevy Corvette C8s. The value of the sports cars is more than $1.25 million, authorities said.
A Cochise County Sheriff’s Office deputy spotted the truck and tried to get Walker to pull over.

“The stolen vehicle began driving recklessly, which caused (other) vehicles to leave the roadway,” the sheriff’s office said.
Walker later stopped the truck and was arrested by a deputy and a police officer from Willcox.

“Walker admitted to stealing the vehicle and advised that the Corvettes were not the reason and that he needed a truck to get home as he had just been released from prison,” the sheriff’s office wrote.

Willcox Police Chief Dale Hadfield thanked the deputy and officer for their actions.

“The deputy and officer showed great restraint and patience in bringing a serious crime to a peaceful resolution, all while keeping the property of others from being damaged,” Hadfield said.
“The stolen vehicle was safely recovered without damage and was released to the driver so he could continue his delivery.”

02/16/24 07:43 PM Aussies get E-Ray Later this Year by teamzr1
The 2024 Chevy Corvette E-Ray has been approved for Australian roads, more than 13 months after it was confirmed for our market.

The release of official ADR homologation data for the first electrified and first all-wheel drive Corvette doesn’t reveal too many surprises in terms of specifications, unlike the angrier Z06, which was nobbled by noise and emissions regulations in all major markets outside of North America.

Indeed, the 6.2-litre V8 pinched out of the Corvette Stingray continues to output an unchanged 369kW of power, but it’s paired with a 120kW/165Nm permanent magnet electric motor for a combined system output of 481kW, which will make the E-Ray the most powerful Corvette (and GMSV model) offered in Australia to date.
The electric motor draws current from a 1.9kWh battery pack that supplies power when moving away and accelerating, as opposed to offering a dedicated electric cruising mode.

The electrified Corvette is claimed to spring from 0-97km/h (60mph) in 2.5 seconds and push on to a top speed of 294km/h versus 312km/h for the Stingray, although the electric motor stops contributing at about 240km/h.

As with other Corvette powertrains, an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission will take care of gear-shifting.
GMSV has already confirmed the E-Ray will be released here in the second half of this year and so the emergence of homologation data is more of a formality at this stage, but it provides a good indication that things are progressing on schedule.

The Australian E-Ray – known legally as the ‘HP1’ tips the scales at, 1781kg and will roll on 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rears suspended by the same basic chassis set-up at the Stingray.
Right-hand drive production will begin at Chevrolet’s Bowling Green factory in Kentucky around mid-year and the first examples are due Down Under by around September, based on a six- to eight-week shipping period.

Pricing and finer specification details of the E-Ray will be announced closer to its release date, but odds are that pricing will position it somewhere between the $190,000 Stingray 3LT and $336,000 Z06 3LT.

02/14/24 11:34 PM WEC Season Starts Feb 28th by teamzr1
TF Sport in the UK shook down its pair of Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.Rs ahead of the car’s FIA World Endurance Championship debut at the upcoming Qatar 1812km.
The two cars, fitted with their race liveries, turned laps at the Dubai Autodrome as part of a two-day test to prepare for the team’s first season with Corvette.
At least six drivers took part in the test, with Bronze-rated drivers Tom van Rompuy and Hiroshi Koizumi both on site, and factory stars Daniel Juncadella and Charlie Eastwood and Silver-rated additions Rui Andrade and Sebastien Baud.

Belgian racer Van Rompuy, who previously competed in LMP3 and LMP2, will share the yellow-nosed No. 81 machine with Andrade and Eastwood, while the sister lineup sees Koizumi and Juncadella team up with Frenchman Baud.

The Tom Ferrier-led operation will be the first team to represent Corvette in WEC’s new LMGT3 category, stepping into a new chapter after many years of racing Aston Martin machinery.
The team enjoyed a highly successful alliance with the British manufacturer in WEC, securing seven class wins (including two at the 24 Hours of Le Mans), a further 14 podiums and winning the GTE-Am title in 2022.

Juncadella, who will be making his WEC debut in his new role as Corvette factory driver is cautiously optimistic about the team’s chances for its first year with the GM brand, but stressed vigilance.

“I know there will be support from Corvette in the early days, because everything is so new,” Juncadella stated.
“But the TF Sport guys are also very high-level. I got to know them last year when we did a test at COTA, and they are highly motivated to be successful.
“Still, we have to accept that it’s early days, and we can’t go into the first round thinking we’re going to blow the field away.”

Juncadella had his first outing as a Corvette factory driver in the recent Rolex 24 at Daytona, finishing fifth in class as part of the Corvette Racing by Pratt Miller Motorsports stable in GTD Pro.
The Spaniard believes the mileage clocked in what was a trouble-filled debut race for the Corvette Z06 GT3.R will be a benefit for the driver crew aboard the No. 82 car.
“I’m the kind of driver who doesn’t like to set expectations too high, I don’t think that helps the mentality and the focus,” he said.
“But on the other hand, it’s great to be doing all this mileage in the car ahead of the season, because it will give me the experience to help guide the team in the first weeks.
“It’s a brand-new car, it’s a new championship for me, and it’s Pro-Am, so there are many things coming into play.
“My main focus is to help my teammates get up to speed as quickly as possible, because they will have more impact on the speed of the car.”

02/10/24 04:13 PM 2021 C8 DCT TSB N212350930 by teamzr1
Some units of the 2021 Corvette Stingray may require a Transmission Control Module reprogramming.
The error in the module software could result in the active permanent status of a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
To address this issue, General Motors has released a new service update.

The new GM Service Update is tagged as N212350930, and was released in February 2024.
The service update only affects units of the C8 Corvette Stingray produced for the 2021 model year.
GM did not specify the number of units potentially affected by this issue.

According to the service update, certain 2021 model-year Chevy Corvette vehicles may incorrectly read an active permanent status for Transmission Control Module DTC P2781 (Downshift Switch Circuit High).

This could result in an automatic failure during emissions testing in jurisdictions that check the permanent's status of engine codes as part of the emissions testing protocol.

In order to address this issue, GM is instructing dealers to reprogram the Transmission Control Module with updated software through a dealer repair.
It’s also possible that vehicles involved in this service update can be reprogrammed using an over-the-air software update.

38 Views · 0 Comments
02/09/24 04:31 PM 2024 C8 Invoice Numbers by teamzr1
2024 Corvette Invoice Numbers

Corvette Stingray

Current Invoice: $65,487.20
MSRP: $69,995.00
Destination: $1,695
Initial Invoice: $63,519.20
Initial MSRP: $67,895.00

Corvette Z06

Current Invoice: $107,206.40
MSRP: $114,395.00
Initial Invoice: $105,238.40
Initial MSRP: $112,295.00

Corvette E-Ray

Current Invoice: $99,671.60
MSRP: $106,595.00
Initial Invoice: $97,703.60
Initial MSRP: $104,495.00

56 Views · 0 Comments
02/08/24 08:14 PM Recall C8 Headlight Problem by teamzr1
GM says a possible 273,255 vehicles across five brands, including the Corvettes, will need to be inspected to make sure their headlamps are working properly.

GM says in some instances the lower beam headlamps on some Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, and BrightDrop vehicles don’t illuminate as it becomes dark outside if the multi-function switch is in the “Off” or “Parking Lamp” position.
The condition can also cause daytime running lamps to go off while the vehicle is moving, which is against Canadian regulations.

Officials warn that if the headlamps fail to illuminate properly, visibility could be reduced and possibly lead to a higher risk of crash or serious injury.

Certified GM technicians are being told to inspect the affected vehicles and update the body control module (BCM) software, if necessary.

GM will notify owners of affected vehicles by mail, instructing them to set up an appointment with a GM dealer. If you’re wondering whether your vehicle is affected by the recall, you can also visit my.gm.ca/gm/en/recalls and type in your VIN.
Owners can also contact BrightDrop, Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, or Transport Canada directly at the numbers below:

GM recall number: N232431050

2024 BrightDrop Zevo 400
2023 – 2024 BrightDrop Zevo 600
2021 – 2024 Buick Envision
2020 – 2024 Cadillac CT4
2020 – 2024 Cadillac CT5
2021 – 2024 Cadillac Escalade
2021 – 2024 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2023 – 2024 Cadillac Lyriq
2024 Cadillac XT4
2024 Chevy Blazer EV
2023 Chevy Colorado
2020 – 2024 Chevy Corvette
2021 – 2024 Chevy Silverado
2024 Chevy Silverado EV
2024 Chevy Silverado HD
2021 – 2024 Chevy Suburban
2021 – 2024 Chevy Tahoe
2023 GMC Canyon
2024 GMC Hummer EV Pickup
2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV
2021 – 2024 GMC Sierra
2024 GMC Sierra HD
2021 – 2024 GMC Yukon
2021 – 2024 GMC Yukon XL

72 Views · 0 Comments
02/02/24 07:20 PM Laguna Seca Raceway Sued For Noise & Traffic Complaints by teamzr1
Monterey County is facing litigation from people who chose to live near the historic track, opened nearly 70 years ago.
A handful of residents along Highway 68 are suing Monterey County for excessive noise and traffic at the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

The Laguna Seca circuit was opened in 1957, and residents knew the track would be graced by loud cars, so what changed? According to the group called Highway 68 Coalition, the number of races and events has increased "substantially" over the last two years compared with the period from 1974 until 2021.

"These increases include but are not limited to more racetrack event days, higher permitted noise levels, additional track rental days with intensified noise in excess of 100 dB, increased traffic, inadequate water supply and water quality, inadequate sewage disposal, and expansion of the camping grounds," reads the lawsuit.
And there's more.

The lawsuit also takes issue with the track allowing rentals to happen "now 340 days a year," according to Richard Rosenthal, one of the attorneys representing the disgruntled residents. "It's a facility that's used almost every day," adds the attorney, complaining that allowing different organizations to rent the track creates "a nuisance kind of noise," whatever that means.

Again, the track existed long before most residents in the area were even born. But assuming they have a leg to stand on, what do they want to come of this? Well, it wants Monterey County to ban any events that exceed the noise limits established in 1985. As you can imagine, Monterey County doesn't see things the same way.

Track days remain a major revenue source for the county, with 2022 events seeing more than $246 million in total direct spending, according to track management.
The County's communications director, Nicholas M. Pasculli, told SFGATE that Monterey "does not recognize any merit to the allegations and expects a favorable conclusion."

Monterey County's long-term concession agreement with the non-profit organization Friends of Laguna Seca would be impacted if the group were to win, but Monterey County says the scheduled activities and events for 2024 won't be affected by the lawsuit, including IMSA and its very loud machines.
It also means we can look forward to yet another epic Monterey Car Week, another awesome Porsche Renn sport Reunion, and loads more Porsche 911 9,000-rpm songs of speed.
Some residents won't like it, but they should move. The alternative is an increase in street racing stupidity, and that's certainly a worse prospect.

69 Views · 0 Comments
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 11 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
What's New
IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring 2024
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 07:15 PM
No warranty Flipped Z06 now needs costly repairs
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 02:29 PM
Corvette Racing History
by teamzr1. 03/13/24 03:34 PM
GM Raises Extended Warranty Prices 30%
by teamzr1. 03/13/24 03:21 PM
Stiffer Laws for Stealing CATs
by teamzr1. 03/12/24 05:14 PM