Tuning a 2006 Z06 where the owner paid the big overpriced newest Vararam product with the adult name of snake charmer.
As the norm they make big claims but this is what we found.
1. It uses nothing more then a flat air filter that is less then what stock filter is.
2. most of radiator shroud is cut off for this product but them causes deflecting airflow where it is needed for water cooling
3. Worse is the "funnel" that has owner smashing open the bottom area of front fascia ( GM has had lots of engine functioning issues and has a TSB just about this [copy on this forum]). As we tested this tunnel deverts the needed airflow away from the radiator and monitoring water temp and then taking this off we found this product induced water temps up by 20 degrees !
4. the top is mounted to the bottom section with nothing then a rubberband like strap on bot ends. The 2 sections have no real tight fitting together as only some foam between the two and being there is nothing bolting this to the shroud over time the 2 sections are no longer mated well and sucking in hot engine bay air.
5. In testing performance between this installed and stock on the same day we found ZERO performance gains in summer weather above 75 degrees.
6. This funnel which is very low to the ground has a good chance of sucking rain water into engine causing hydrolocking.
After several hours of testing and analyzing we find this newest Vararam product belongs in this Useless Vendor section of forum.