#4232 - 11/12/1806:32 PM2019 ZR1 Corvette Flames From Exhaust Due to ON Injector
Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 4,947teamzr1 Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1 Owner - Pays the bills Lives in Engine Bay
Joined: Dec 2000
Service Update 18267
Flames From Exhaust Due To Misfire - Flames Self Extinguish
Reference Number: N182173240
Release Date: September 2018
This service update includes vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. This bulletin will expire at the end of the involved vehicle’s New VehicleLimited Warranty period.
Chevrolet Corvette 2019 LT5 6.2L SUPERCHARGED V8
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
Certain 2019 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles equipped with RPO LT5 (6.2L SUPERCHARGED V8), a fuel injector may be commanded on for 7.5 seconds when exiting deceleration fuel cutoff, causing the engine to misfire. If this misfire condition were to happen, flames could potentially exit the exhaust and may damage the rear fascia and ZR1 badge.
Correction : Reprogram the engine control module. (ECM)
Parts - No parts are required for this repair.
* To avoid warranty transaction rejections, the SPS Warranty Claim Code(s) must be entered when submitting this transaction.
** SPS Warranty Claim Code is NOT required when submitting this transaction.
Note: Carefully read and follow the instructions below.
• Ensure the programming tool is equipped with the latest software and is securely connected to the data link connector. If there is an interruption during programming, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
• Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. When required install a GM Authorized Programming Support Tool to maintain system voltage. Refer to https://www.gmdesolutions.com/ for further information. If not available, connect a fully charged 12 V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply. DO NOT connect a battery charger.
• Turn OFF or disable systems that may put a load on the vehicles battery such as; interior lights, exterior lights (including daytime running lights), HVAC, radio, etc. • Clear DTCs after programming is complete. Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Caution: If the Same Calibration/Software Warning is noted on the SPS Controller screen, do NOT attempt to program the module. No further action is required. Refer to the Warranty section of the bulletin and use labor operation code 9104136, Module Programming Not Required.
1. Reprogram the Engine Control Module (ECM). Refer to K20 Engine Control Module: Programming and Setup in SI.
2. Record SPS Warranty Claim Code on job card for warranty transaction submission.