Rate This Thread
#5178 - 07/13/21 09:24 AM IMSA Lime Rock  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
With the BoP set against the C8.Rs as having 33 pounds added to the total weight, over the weight of WeatherTech sponsor own GTPM Porsche it will be interesting to see how this race finishes

CORVETTE RACING AT LIME ROCK: C8.R Goes Short-Track Racing

• First race for mid-engine Corvette at scenic but tough 1.5-mile layout
• Garcia, Taylor enters on two-race win streak
• Milner revisits site of 100th Corvette Racing win

(July 13, 2021) With the wide-open spaces of Road America and Le Mans on the horizon, Corvette Racing will get a taste of short-track racing – sports car style when it returns to Lime Rock Park this weekend.

Saturday's Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock is a GT-only event for Corvette Racing’s pair of mid-engine Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.Rs and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s GT competitors.
The seven-turn, 1.474-mile circuit in the northwestern corner of Connecticut gives Corvette Racing, a five-time winner at Lime Rock, a shot at an overall race victory during one of the busiest races on the calendar.

Race laps for GT Le Mans (GTLM) cars will be around 50 seconds during the two-hour, 40-minute race. If all goes according to plan, that means the pair of racing Corvettes will start to overtake slower GT Daytona (GTD) cars within 20 minutes of the green flag.

Like Watkins Glen within the last month, Lime Rock Park was a venue at which the Corvette C8.R didn’t compete during its debut season.
That didn’t impact the team during the back-to-back weekends at Watkins Glen, however, when Corvette Racing took the race win, pole position and fastest race lap in both the six-hour enduro and two-hour, 40-minute sprint race.

Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor, co-drivers in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C8.R, swept the Watkins Glen weekends to extend their lead in the GTLM Drivers Championship, as well as Chevrolet’s in the Manufacturer's standings.
They are ahead of No. 4 Corvette drivers Tommy Milner and Nick Tandy, who narrowly missing out on victories at The Glen.

Taylor (2013 GRAND-AM DP) and Milner (2016 GTLM) each have previous victories at Lime Rock. Garcia (2018 GTLM) and Taylor (2010 GRAND-AM GT) have won pole positions at the track in the past. Garcia also set the fastest race lap in 2017, followed by Tandy doing the same in 2018 and 2019.

C8.R Corvette racing will contest the Northeast Grand Prix from Lime Rock Park on July 16-17.
The race will air at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 17 with live-streaming coverage on TrackPass and NBC Sports Gold at 3:05 p.m. ET. Live audio coverage from IMSA Radio will be available on IMSA.com, Sirius 216, XM 202 and SiriusXM Online 992.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“Lime Rock should be good for us. I don’t see any track where the C8.R shouldn’t be good.
I’m looking forward to going back there. In a lot of ways, it feels like the longest race of the year.

You’re running three hours with 50-second laps, so it’s very challenging. The 10 laps before you get into traffic are pretty calm. After that, it’s very tough.
There is no rest there. In a good qualifying run, if you run all session, could be a 20-lap attempt.
That’s half-a-stint at most tracks we go to. Mentally, it’s demanding because of that.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Lime Rock.
The last time I raced there was 2013 in GRAND-AM when we won the race and the championship that weekend, so there are good memories.

It’s a tough place and usually an intense race. I think every year I’ve watched the GT race, there have always been crazy battles with the different classes and how tough it is to pass.
It’s one that’s been on the list that looks difficult, so it will be a good experience.
Pit stop execution will be huge. It’s a short lap and Lime Rock will be a track position race.
Driver changes, tire changes and fueling will have to be the best of the year.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“I have really great memories from Lime Rock in 2016 and getting the 100th win for Corvette Racing with Oliver Gavin.
It obviously was a special day for me and the team. Lime Rock will be a good challenge to go there with the C8.R for the first time.
It’s a pretty unique racetrack, all things considered. In a lot of ways, it’s an oval, so you set the car up to pretty much only turn right.
We’ll have our work cut out to figure that out with a new car. Based on all the work we’ve done so far and all the results we’ve had, I don’t see there any real major hurdles to getting to a good spot.”

NICK TANDY, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R:

“I really like Lime Rock. The track is quick, but it’s so intense.
It reminds me a little of my short-oval background in that you’re always in the corners, you’re always in traffic.

The car, the tire and the driver never get a break. You’re in traffic pretty much all the time. A stint at Le Mans is around 14 laps, and you get time to relax.
A stint at Lime Rock is like 60 laps and there is constantly something going on. You feel it physically as a driver because it’s usually super-hot.
It’s intense on the physical and mental sides.
The GTLM cars, being as fast as they are, it’s a good workout and good fun.”

Team ZR-1
True Custom Performance Tuning
Teamzr1.com
Team ZR-1 Store
Enter Here
#5182 - 07/16/21 12:20 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Corvette C8.R Racing led the opening practice session at the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park, with the No. 3 Corvette C8.R of Antonio Garcia beating out the No. 4 Corvette C8.R of Nick Tandy by just 0.037s. Garcia’s time was 50.456s.

The No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Porsche 911 RSR was 0.340s behind the No. 4 Corvette after Mathieu Jaminet set a time of 50.796s.

In GT Daytona, the No. 19 GRT Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracan GT3 topped the charts with a time of 52.499s from Frank Perera.
Patrick Long was just 0.028s behind Perera in the No. 16 Wright Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R.

In a reminder of just how tight the action on this track can be, Ross Gunn in the No. 23 Heart of Racing Aston Martin Vantage GT3 ended the session a staggering 0.001s off of Long’s time.
There were no notable incidents in the one-hour session, and all cars completed around 50 laps.

This weekend is one of 2 GT-only events, with a three-car GTLM field leading a pack of 13 GTD entries.
It’s also a fairly busy weekend with Free Practice 1, Free Practice 2, and qualifying all slated for Friday, with a sprint race on Saturday.
That leaves teams under pressure to find speed if they haven’t already.

Practice 2 has been red flagged for now

Attached Files limerock.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5183 - 07/16/21 02:55 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Tommy Milner in the No. 4 Corvette C8.R topped Practice # 2 for the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park.
The session was interrupted by lightning and rain, which resulted in 45 minutes of the session being lost. Milner’s time, a 51.117s, was set on a drying track.

Ending the session second overall was Jordan Taylor in the No. 3 Corvette C8.R, whose best was 0.329s slower than Milner’s time.
Once the field emerged from the weather delay, the No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Porsche 911 RSR team elected to give Cooper MacNeil time in the car on the wet track.
MacNeil finished the session ninth overall and 1.717s off the back of the No. 3 Corvette.

How then GTLM qualified

The No. 3 Corvette C8.R will start the Northeast Grand Prix from pole position after Jordan Taylor set a time of 49.958s to best his teammate Tommy Milner by 0.106s.

With only three GT Le Mans entries this weekend and one of them being the ostensibly pro-am lineup that the No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Porsche 911 RSR brings, it should be an easy win for Corvette tomorrow if things go according to plan.

Cooper MacNeil in the aforementioned No. 79 Porsche 911 spun off into the wet grass at the left-hander and beached the Porsche.
While he did well to inch the car out of the rain-soaked turf, the red flag still emerged.
That cost MacNeil his two fastest times. He went back out on track but ended the session 0.875s off of Taylor’s pole time.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5185 - 07/16/21 07:55 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
CORVETTE RACING AT LIME ROCK: Taylor Leads Corvette Sweep
Milner's second in GTLM qualifying as rain looms for Saturday’s all-GT race

LAKEVILLE, Conn. (July 16, 2021) – Jordan Taylor claimed the overall pole position for the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park on Friday to lead a 1-2 result for Corvette Racing.

Taylor, driving the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R with Antonio Garcia, set a best GT Le Mans (GTLM) lap of 49.958 (106.216 mph) in a 15-minute session for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Saturday’s 3:10 p.m. ET race, with rain predicted, will be an all-GT affair with GTLM and GT Daytona (GTD) headlining IMSA’s return to Lime Rock Park.

Taylor and teammate Antonio Garcia enter Lime Rock after back-to-back victories at Watkins Glen and lead the GTLM Drivers Championship, as does Chevrolet in the Manufacturers standings.

Taylor out qualified Tommy Milner in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette by just 0.142 seconds.
Milner and Nick Tandy were second in the most recent GTLM race at Watkins Glen behind the No. 3 C8.R but were in winning positions in both races at The Glen.
They also won the non-points Detroit round in mid-June.

Corvette racing is a five-time winner at Lime Rock, but this is the first race the seven-turn, 1.474-mile circuit for the Corvette C8.R, a shot at an overall race victory during one of the busiest races on the calendar.

Like Watkins Glen within the last month, Lime Rock Park was one venue at which the Corvette C8.R didn’t compete during its debut season.
That didn’t impact the team during the back-to-back weekends at Watkins Glen, however, when Corvette Racing took the race win, pole position and fastest race lap in both the six-hour enduro and two-hour, 40-minute sprint race.

The Northeast Grand Prix from Lime Rock Park will air at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 17 with live-streaming coverage on TrackPass and NBC Sports Gold at 3:05 p.m. ET. Live audio coverage from IMSA Radio will be available on IMSA.com, Sirius 216, XM 202 and SiriusXM Online 992.

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R – GTLM POLE-WINNER:

“It’s been a busy day. It’s the first time with the C8.R at Lime Rock.
Unfortunately, we didn’t race here last year, so we’re learning a lot. We had a dry session, a damp session and then qualifying. So we’ve proved that the car is good in all conditions here. It was a good lap to get the pole, and the guys have done a good job leading into this weekend. It’s a new track for us with this car so rolling off the truck strong was important.
Furthermore, it was good, but we’ve been making some changes to see how the car reacts. So far so good, but tomorrow could be a different story.”

MORE ON QUALIFYING:

“Today was a busy day with two practices and qualifying. It’s the first time we’ve had the C8.R here at Lime Rock, so a lot of work went into this weekend with a lot of preparation. We rolled off the truck very strong. We made some changes through Practice
Two even though it was damp to get a read on it. Obviously in qualifying the car was quite strong. The biggest thing was just finding a clear lap with the GTD cars on track.
Obviously it’s been a good run for the 3 car so far this season, but at the same time the 4 car has been on our tail every weekend. It’s good to have that intra-team battle. I think we’ll have that all day tomorrow.”

RACING FOR OVERALL VICTORY THIS WEEKEND:

“I was thinking about that this morning. When you go to the drivers’ briefing, the front-row guys usually go and talk to the Race Director because you’re leading the field. It will be different not having anyone in front of us and not having prototypes coming around in traffic.
In one aspect, it will be easier without the traffic, but at the same time the intensity will be super-high just because you’re flat-out the whole time. It’s difficult to pass the GTD guys, so it will be tricky in traffic. I think strategy could come into play tomorrow. It should be a good race.”

PLACES FOR IMPROVEMENT:

“Today was messy with the conditions. Antonio started this morning on new tires, and I got in on older tires.
The afternoon session was damp, so I drove on rain tires and then in the intermediate conditions we went to slicks.
Everyone in GTLM was kind of figuring out what it was like on new tires in the dry here. We weren’t here last year, so there’s a lot to learn. For me, there was a lot of experimenting.
Brake points were different. Carrying speed through Turn Six and Turn Seven
I had a couple of big moments just because I thought I could carry a lot more speed than I actually could. But it’s good to have that in my pocket for tomorrow to know where the limits are.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R QUALIFIED SECOND IN GTLM:

“We just missed it a bit with the setup. We’re still working on getting the balance where we need to be.
Tomorrow is going to be the challenge if it’s dry with the high temps and the tire degradation.
If it’s wet, which is looking likely, that presents its own challenges as well. We got some good work in today, but the majority will come tomorrow in warm up to make any last-minute improvements.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5186 - 07/17/21 02:24 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Tommy Milner paced warm up for this afternoon’s Northeast Grand Prix, while Ross Gunn topped the time charts in GT Daytona in an incident-filled session.

Milner reeled off the best lap of 50.429 in the No. 4 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R to edge out the No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Porsche 911 RSR-19 of Mathieu Jaminet by 0.210 seconds.

The 20-minute scheduled session came to an early end after an accident involving the No. 88 Team Hardpoint EBM Porsche 911 GT3 R of Katherine Legge and Zach Veach’s No. 12 Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3, which made contact in Turn 1.

Legge’s Porsche spun into the tire barriers as a result, with the Lexus coming to a rest in the grass.

It came after the No. 19 Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo of Misha Goikhberg spun and got stuck in the grass, requiring a tow that brought out the first red flag of the session.

Gunn’s 52.223-second lap time in the GTD pole-sitting The Heart of Racing Aston Martin Vantage GT3 was more than a tenth quicker than the No. 39 CarBahn with Peregrine Racing Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo, which was second in class on the time charts.

All 16 cars completed laps in the session.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5187 - 07/17/21 02:38 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Corvette C8R Antonio Garcia & Jordan Taylor have been declared winners due to a storm IMSA Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park, which ended under a red flag.

The Corvette Racing took top overall winners honor in the scheduled 2-hour & 40-minute race, which was red-flagged for lightning in the area with over 1 hour to go & IMSA officials threw the checkered flag

The 1.5-mile circuit did not see any heavy rains; however, multiple lightning strikes in the area forced the race to be halted, with race action not resuming.

The No. 4 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R of Nick Tandy and Tommy Milner have provisionally finished second in class, despite Tandy driving into the pit lane prior to the remainder of the field.

Cooper MacNeil & Mathieu Jaminet completed the GT Le Mans class podium in third.

Attached Files lrfinish.jpg

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5188 - 07/17/21 03:42 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
The No. 3 Corvette C8.R of Antonio Garcia & Jordan Taylor spearheaded a Corvette Racing 1-2 finish in the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park after lightning caused a red flag that eventually ended the race.
After nearly an hour of waiting for the weather to clear, race officials conceded to mother nature and called the race with just under 25-minutes still on the clock.

Taylor had started the No. 3 Corvette and was able to control the entire first half of the race before handing over to Garcia just after halfway.
With Cooper MacNeil starting in the No. 79 WeatherTech Porsche, the two Corvettes were able to pull away from the lone Porsche.

“We knew this weather could happen, so I’m happy that [Taylor] drove so well and managed to keep the No. 4 Corvette at a distance and kind of control [the race],” Garcia said after the race. “That gave me a little bit of room to have a really quick driver change so that actually extended our lead to compared to the [No. 4] car.”
More IMSA!

After Mathieu Jaminet took the controls of the No. 79 Porsche, he was nearly 30 seconds behind the No. 4 Corvette C8.R.
The WeatherTech team needed a full course yellow to bring them back into contention, which they go in the form of the lightning delay.
The lightning didn’t let up in time for the race to resume, however, leaving them to settle for third.

Tommy Milner, who started the race in the No. 4 Corvette, complained of a lack of rear grip in the first half of the race.
Taylor in the No. 3 Corvette didn’t seem to struggle with that as much, pulling out a modest 5sec gap on Milner.
Taylor also credited that difference to getting lucky or unlucky in traffic.
The No. 4 Corvette ended the day second in class.

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5189 - 07/17/21 04:44 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
CORVETTE RACING AT LIME ROCK: Taylor, Garcia Take Overall Victory
No. 3 Corvette wins over No. 4 C8.R in weather-shortened, GT-only race

Corvette Racing’s Jordan Taylor & Antonio Garcia won a weather-shortened Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park on Saturday, their third straight victory in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

Taylor and Garcia had the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C8.R ahead when the race was stopped with 70 minutes left due to lightning in the immediate area of the track. Race officials called the race with 25 minutes left in the two-hour, 40-minute GT-only contest.

The mid-engine Corvette C8.R won its Lime Rock debut, and Corvette Racing won at the circuit for the sixth time. It also marked the first overall Lime Rock victory for Corvette Racing.

Tommy Milner and Nick Tandy placed second in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C8.R, their second straight runner-up finish. Saturday’s results increased the lead for Garcia and Taylor in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) Drivers Championship and Chevrolet’s advantage in the Manufacturers standings.

Taylor began from pole position and Milner third following a precautionary engine change overnight. Milner moved the No. 4 up to second behind Taylor at the start, and the two Corvettes ran 1-2 throughout the race.
Both cars made their first stops a lap apart, just past the 30-minute mark for fuel and tires. By that point, both Taylor and Milner were mired in slower GTD traffic and on a three-stop strategy.

Milner, who suffered damage in his second stint after contact from a slower car, was the first Corvette driver to make his second stop and handed off to Tandy with 80 minutes remaining.
Taylor did the same a lap later with a swap to Garcia as both Corvettes took fuel and fresh Michelin tires.

Five minutes later, race officials called for a full-course caution to monitor the approaching weather and stopped the race a lap later.

Corvette Racing’s next event is the IMSA SportsCar Weekend on Aug. 6-8 from Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. Same-day coverage on NBCSN starts at 8 p.m. ET with live streaming coverage on TrackPass and NBC Sports Gold at 2:35 p.m. ET. Live audio coverage from IMSA Radio will be available on IMSA.com.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R RACE-WINNER:

“For sure, Jordan did an amazing job. He drove the first two stints, and it was the plan for me to be in for the other two. We knew this could happen.
In a way, I’m happy that he drove so well and managed to keep the 4 car at a distance the whole time and control it, so I could have a really quick driver change. That helped us extend our lead. But you never know.
It would have tight; I don’t know if it would have been raining or not at the end, so it would have been hard to keep the lead. I’m really pleased for another Corvette 1-2. Looking at how Jordan and Tommy (Milner) drove, it seemed like very hard work with tire degradation, especially. I will definitely take it. It’s my first win at Lime Rock, so I’m happy with this.”

HAVE YOU HAD A RACE TO END LIKE THIS?

“No, I don’t think so. But it is what it is. We had a ton of fans out here today, and safety comes first.
This time we were lucky in that we were leading when the red flag came. For sure, you need to be up there in that position to benefit from the conditions.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R RACE-WINNER:

“It was odd. We kind of knew what was going to happen going into it. We knew it was going to be a race of tire degradation and strategy, whether it be a two-stop or three-stop race, just looking at the history of the race.
Twenty laps in, we knew it was going to be a three-stop race doing 45-lap stints. It was about fuel mileage, saving tires and getting through traffic cleanly.

Thankfully, we executed well, and the driver change went well. We knew the weather was imminent at some point and that it could be red-flagged, so we knew track position was going to be important. Thankfully we were out front when that came.”

HAVE YOU HAD A RACE TO END LIKE THIS?

“The 2019 Rolex 24, we won when it was red-flagged for too much rain. It was a similar feeling sitting in the pit lane with an hour to go and maybe no more pit stops. You’re waiting to see if it’s going to go green again, so it’s kind of very stressful with the unknown.
Today looking at the radar, a couple of miles north of the track there were a crazy amount of lightning strikes, so I think it was going to come this way no matter what. It wasn’t as rainy as Daytona that year, but today was a similar feeling.”

TOMMY SAID HE HAD A LACK OF REAR GRIP EARLY. WHAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO CARS IN THE OPENING?

I don’t know if it was a big advantage. If it was anything, I think it was getting fortunate in traffic.
You could gain or lose a second-and-a-half depending on where you got traffic.
Some laps I could see myself gaining in traffic and on another lap I’d lose two seconds, and he’d be right there again. I think the ebb and flow of that would show the gaps.

I don’t know if the lap-time delta was going to be that big on a clear track. We were saving tires right from the get-go.
The tire degradation was a lot bigger than I expected. To do a two-stop race was going to be almost impossible. Even doing a three-stopper with 45-lap stints… once you got to 35 laps there was a steep drop-off. Maybe they suffered a little bit more than we did with that.

We started with a setup knowing the car was going in that direction and using tools like the traction control and everything we had in the car to save tires early on and hopefully benefit later in the stint.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED SECOND
YOUR TEAM TOLD YOU AT ONE POINT THAT YOU WERE MAYBE GOING TO LEAPFROG THE NO. 3 UNDER THE PIT STOP WHEN YOU CHANGED DRIVERS.

“It was looking pretty good there because they short-filled on their first stop to make it out in front of some of the traffic, so they are always watching that kind of stuff. I was probably about 2.5 seconds back of the No. 3 car until I got to the No. 96 car, and he ran me off the road and damaged the car.

The car was a handful after that. Had I been able to stay with the No. 3 car then we would have had a fuel advantage, and we would have probably been able to beat them out. It’s just unfortunate, the contact there.

The team is not lying to me, and that’s good. It is probably better in most cases to not tell a driver everything, but something like that is definitely encouraging. It’s just a bummer. We were looking pretty good there with their strategy call. It was going to help us in the end, but in the end it didn’t play out that way.”

NICK TANDY, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/Sirius XM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C8.R FINISHED SECOND
IT WAS A CHALLENGING WEEKEND WITH HOW THIS RACE FINISHED.

“Yeah, it was a challenging weekend.
We obviously had a few technical issues, and we set ourselves a way to go about the race and try and make the best two hours and 40 minutes, and unfortunately, we didn’t get to stretch it out.
But yeah, another Corvette 1-2, so it’s good points for the Manufacturer's Championship and this is obviously the main goal.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com
#5190 - 07/17/21 06:16 PM Re: IMSA Lime Rock [Re: teamzr1]  
teamzr1 Online happy
Owner - Pays the bills
teamzr1  Online Happy
Owner - Pays the bills
Lives in Engine Bay

America
Races end prematurely for a variety of reasons. Lightning isn’t often one of them.

Antonio Garcia & Jordan Taylor celebrated the unusual circumstances Saturday afternoon, as did Ross Gunn and Roman De Angelis when nearby lightning strikes ended the Northeast Grand Prix just past the halfway point at Lime Rock Park.

Garcia had a 9-second lead over the No. 3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C8.R’s sister car driven by Nick Tandy when nearby lightning first halted racing with 72 minutes left in the two-hour, 40-minute IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race.
The clock kept running, and more lightning eventually ended the race with the cars still stopped in pit lane.

“It is what it is,” Garcia said. “We had a ton of fans out here today, and safety comes first.
This time we were lucky in that we were leading when the red flag came. For sure, you need to be up there in that position to benefit from the conditions.”

The GT Le Mans (GTLM) class victory was the fourth this season and ninth in the last 16 races for Garcia, Taylor and the No. 3 Corvette.
Tandy and Tommy Milner shared the GTLM runner-up finish in the No. 4 Corvette, while Mathieu Jaminet and Cooper MacNeil finished third in the No. 79 WeatherTech Racing Porsche 911 RSR-19.

The unusual finish reminded Taylor of the 2019 Rolex 24 At Daytona, which was stopped short of the 22nd hour due to heavy rain.
Taylor was part of that race-winning Wayne Taylor Racing team, but had to wait out the weather delay to get to the celebration.

“You’re waiting to see if it’s going to go green again, so it’s kind of very stressful with the unknown,” Taylor said.
“Today, looking at the radar, a couple of miles north of the track there were a crazy amount of lightning strikes, so I think it was going to come this way no matter what. It wasn’t as rainy as Daytona that year, but today was a similar feeling.”

The first Lime Rock win for Garcia and third win in four weeks for the No. 3 car was both planned and unplanned. Garcia and Taylor knew the plan going into the race, but didn’t know how it would end.

“It was about fuel mileage, saving tires and getting through traffic cleanly,” Taylor said. “Thankfully, we executed well, and the driver change went well. We knew the weather was imminent at some point and that it could be red-flagged, so we knew track position was going to be important.
Thankfully, we were out front when that came.”

Team ZR-1
Teamzr1.com

Moderated by  teamzr1 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (teamzr1), 17 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
What's New
Teammate Jason does 140 MPH in standing 1/2 mile
by teamzr1. 03/25/24 06:05 AM
C8 Corvette Convertible Water Leak
by teamzr1. 03/21/24 11:41 AM
IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring 2024
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 07:15 PM
No warranty Flipped Z06 now needs costly repairs
by teamzr1. 03/14/24 02:29 PM
Corvette Racing History
by teamzr1. 03/13/24 03:34 PM