I reported some time ago about the scam bullshit the feds are pulling on Americans in raising the amount of Ethanol to 15%
and do not have to list on gas pumps at all what the amount of ethanol will come out of that pump
Another way to fool you is it is not being labeled to the public as E15 but instead as Unleaded 88
so keep an eye on gas stations promoting this
• Frequently sold as Unleaded 88, E15 is a blend of 15% ethanol and 85% gasoline.
It contains 5% more ethanol than E10, which is the most common fuel used in the U.S. E15 is higher in octane, typically 88 octane
while E10 has an octane rating of 87. Retailers are scamming E15 as Unleaded 88 to highlight its high octane value but as you see it is only 88 octane
• Until recently, gasoline ethanol blends were limited to a maximum of 10% ethanol, known as E10.
E10 represents 97% of the gasoline sold in the U.S. Unleaded 88 uses the same type of ethanol as blended in E10, but increases the ethanol content in a gallon of gasoline from 10% to 15%.
• Unleaded 88 has been mandated by the fucking U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in all 2001 and newer cars, trucks and SUVs. EPA estimates that over 90% of gasoline sold goes into model year 2001 and newer vehicles.
• In 2009, the ethanol industry petitioned EPA to approve a blend up to 15% ethanol in gasoline, from the current cap of 10%. Raising the blend from E10 to E15 would accelerate the use of renewable fuel, increase energy security, create U.S. jobs, reduce transportation costs, and improve the environment by displacing conventional gasoline with low-carbon ethanol which we know is total bullshit
• The commie Biden administration is planning to allow a gasoline blend that includes 15% ethanol to continue to be sold into summer, senior administration officials announced Tuesday.
Do not forget that due to how E10 fucks up engines even more in hot weather, most areas, esp closer to sea level could not be sold in summer, yet now they say just fine to sell E15 all year around no matter how much it fucks up your engine
• The 15% mix, known as E15 gasoline, is usually banned for sale from June 1 to September 15, peak travel months, because it is more volatile in the heat and there is some concern that it contributes to smog, though renewable fuel advocates (assholes) claim this is untrue.